Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French

Options
  • 17-02-2010 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Does anyone know the french for "Junior Cert"??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

'Le brevet' would be the French equivalent for Junior Cert. It's the exam they take at around the same time as JC students. 'Le bac' is the equivalent of the Leaving Cert.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

There isn't an actual name but the equivalent is "Brevet des Collèges". (Taken at the end of the first 3 years in secondary school.)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Evan93 wrote: »

Also, your question is quite vague.

It's not really.

French for "Junior Cert", I swear I learned something for it for the Oral exams, but I can't for the life of me remember :o

I think, in the end we used the just the French equivalent exams (which, again, I can't remember)

I'd say you could just say "Mes examens en Troisiéme" (my exams in 3rd Year)

EDIT-Oh yeah, Le Brevet. That's it. I totally got that on my own. Didn't read the other 2 posts at all >_> <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

It's not really.

French for "Junior Cert", I swear I learned something for it for the Oral exams, but I can't for the life of me remember :o

I think, in the end we used the just the French equivalent exams (which, again, I can't remember)

I'd say you could just say "Mes examens en Troisiéme" (my exams in 3rd Year)

I completely misread the question lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 zej

So if i was saying i did something for my junior cert, would using "le brevet" still make sense!? Or would i be better off saying 'junior cycle' or something?!

I even went looking for my junior cert french book in the hopes it would be written on it but that thing is long gone =P Haha..

• Advertisement
Advertisement