Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT / Vodafone timeouts

• 17-02-2010 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just thought I'd make a quick post to see if anybody else is having the same problems with Bt / Vodafone or whoever they are these days.

Last year I convinced BT to switch me over to the 24Mb/s ADSL2+ service that I've been paying for for years and while I'm now getting a "whopping" 6Mb/s the actual quality of the connection has gone to hell. This started before BT sold their DSL operation to Vodafone and as of writing, I'm still on the old Esat servers.

I'm getting constant http timeouts and AIM drops so frequently that it's become unusable. I would have expected AIM to be at fault here but I only have this problem on my home network and it only started after being "upgraded."

Anyhu, I just thought I'd ask to see if anybody else is in the same boat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Yes this is an extremely common problem for Vodafone home broadband customers at the moment. Just do a search of this forum to discover for yourself. Plus the Vodafone website forums are filled with people with the same complaint.

It seems to be happening for the majority if not all Vodafone home broadband customers. It's the same for me and it's an absolute nightmare. Today for example my internet has cut out approx. every three minutes, and takes about five more minutes to come back on again. Pages take about five times longer to load than they should, and more often than not the page doesn't load properly. This has been going on for me since December since the switch to Vodafone from BT. The only decision I've left to make is which ISP to switch to. But they all seem to have their problems, so it's a tough decision.

Also, on speedtest.net, the server it says I'm on changes. Some days it says I'm on Esat. Other days it says I'm on BT. Other days it says I'm on Vodafone. It appears to be random enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Moogintroll

whirlpool wrote: »
    The only decision I've left to make is which ISP to switch to. But they all seem to have their problems, so it's a tough decision.

It's annoying because it used to be an ok service. I'm giving serious thought to switching at this point. I'm thinking either Smart or Magnet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭kcphoto

Had the same issue myself - found the following on Vodafone website.

If you transferred to Vodafone and did not get a new modem, you will still have to enter in the Vodafone details into your old modem (which may be password protected).
    To configure your modem, simply do the following:
    Open 192.168.1.1 in your browser
    Click Advanced
    Click Quick start/quick setup
    Enter Username as vodafone@vodafone.com
    Enter password as broadband
    Click Connect

However, if you have any questions in advance, contact BT on Freephone 1904 or after the transfer has completed please contact Vodafone on Freephone 1907.

Advertisement