Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right, I'm going to get fit!

Options
  • 17-02-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I've started a post here before looking for help to get fit but I never followed it through! This time is gona be different.

Basically I'm 19, male, 5'11 and weigh 81.5kg (a little under 13 stone)
    My main problem is that I have a lot of body fat. I have started going to the gym quite regulary for about the last 3 weeks and mainly do cardio work. I know I should be doing more weights than I am but I'm not really sure what so maybe some guidence here would be good.

I'll post my daily food and exercise so you can tell me whats good and bad.

Todays food:
    7am- Bowl of Special K
    9.30am- 2 eggs scrambled
    12.00- Homemade soup and a roll
    16.00- Bag of crisps :(
    18.00- Roast beef, mash and veg

Todays Gym:
    Crosstrainer-30 min on level 9
    Treadmill- Week 2 session 1 of the Couch to five km program

Weights:
    Bi-cep curls- 12reps x 2sets @ 12kg

I got tired than and decided to leave it for the evening.
    This was basically it for today, I'll post up again tomorrow and I'd really be greatful for any feedback!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I've only started myself. Got a program done by 1 of the instructors. Have you just decided on what you're doing so far or have you asked someone there for advice already?

If yer mainly looking to lose weight / tone down / build up strength. They'd be able to guide you through a few things there and then.

I'd highly recommend speaking with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Todays food:
    7am- Bowl of special k, diet yoghurt
    9.30- Another bowl of special k
    12.30- Homemade beef chow mein
    18.00- Chicken sandwich

Also drank about 3 litres of water throughout the day!

Gym:
    I didn't get to the gym, I had planned on it but I play 5 a side with some lads from work once a week so we had that today and I've an exam tomorrow so didn't get to go after it!
    Will go tomorrow though!

Advertisement