Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dropping out! Help please!

• 17-02-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

Right I have been very stupid and didn't drop out of my course before the half way point, 29th Jan or whatever it was. Anyway I want to drop out now but I'm just wondering what fees I will be liable for when I do CAO again. Do I just pay for the year I did or what? I'm not really sure. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Yeh, a full first year of fees for your next course.
    I believe your student adviser is the place to go now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

You will be eligible for full fees for the entire first year of whatever course you enroll in next year. For UCD this is about 6500 euro. After you complete first year free fees will come back into effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

DylanJM wrote: »
    Right I have been very stupid and didn't drop out of my course before the half way point, 29th Jan or whatever it was. Anyway I want to drop out now but I'm just wondering what fees I will be liable for when I do CAO again. Do I just pay for the year I did or what? I'm not really sure. Cheers!

Do you plan on re-applying through the CAO this year, or are you going to take a year off? Because the application date-line for the CAO was Feb 1st...

Either way, dyl10 is right, go and talk to your student advisor about your next move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Thanks guys I just wanted to make sure it would just be 1 year of fees. Yeah I'm gonna do CAO again. I'll still be able to do a late application, its really open until 1st May it's just 70 euro instead of 45.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

So long as we have the trap and so long as you are doing science, everything is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

DylanJM wrote: »
    Thanks guys I just wanted to make sure it would just be 1 year of fees. Yeah I'm gonna do CAO again. I'll still be able to do a late application, its really open until 1st May it's just 70 euro instead of 45.

Ah, didn't know that. I'm applying to do a graduate course and need to go through the CAO. I was frantically trying to get my application in on time on Feb 1st and only just did. Didn't need to be so stressed in the end!

Good luck with whatever you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Ah, didn't know that. I'm applying to do a graduate course and need to go through the CAO. I was frantically trying to get my application in on time on Feb 1st and only just did. Didn't need to be so stressed in the end!

Well it depends some courses like music need to be applied for before the 1st of feb. It just happens that the courses I want to do can be applied for later.

I'm just wondering now though I'm thinking of doing a 3 year long course.Would I still have to pay the year of full fees even though the course would be covered by the 3 years of free fees I still have left?

Advertisement