Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two modems?

• 17-02-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I have Perlico broadband and have a wireless router (which is pretty sh*t). I wanted to move my Xbox into a different room so I put a splitter on another phone line at the same time and connected it to a modem (which isnt wireless but I'm using an ethernet cable so it doesnt matter).

Anyways, it didnt work and both the wireless and the wired internet went down untill I unplugged the new splitter again.

Can you only have one modem plugged in for the broadband to work or is it likey that i have another problem?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have Perlico broadband and have a wireless router (which is pretty sh*t). I wanted to move my Xbox into a different room so I put a splitter on another phone line at the same time and connected it to a modem (which isnt wireless but I'm using an ethernet cable so it doesnt matter).

Anyways, it didnt work and both the wireless and the wired internet went down untill I unplugged the new splitter again.

Can you only have one modem plugged in for the broadband to work or is it likey that i have another problem?

Cheers

You can only use one modem at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Only one modem will work on a line at a time,

MC

Advertisement