Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Website Costs

• 17-02-2010 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am considering a new website for my business & wondering what I should be paying for a an average type site. I suppose it all depends on how much you want it to do. I have heard of hughe price differences for exactly the same site. any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Sound Computers

expect to pay 10-20 quid for the domain name (some are less, some are more) and the webhosting market is quite competitve. you can get a full year, unlimited space and bandwidth, loads of email addresses for around 100 a year, letshost.ie is a pretty good place, but there are many to choose from.

If you want sql databases or SSL servers, you will pay a little more.
    Cheers and goodluck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

tiger1 wrote: »
    I am considering a new website for my business & wondering what I should be paying for a an average type site. I suppose it all depends on how much you want it to do. I have heard of hughe price differences for exactly the same site. any ideas would be appreciated.

Really is how long is a piece of string type question. The costs will greatly depend on the type of site you will need, how big it will be, what functionality you will require etc... Could you give us a better idea of what you would be hoping your site would do-eg would it be a small brochure type site that would act as a reference point for your business or a full ecommerce type site where you would be selling multiple products? Without knowing what you ideally would require its impossible to say what sort of money you could expect to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

You'll have one off and recurring fees.

One off - initial site design / development. Can vary hugely from a couple of hundred to several thousand euro. Main thing there is to shop around.

Hosting - pricing will vary from below 50 euro / year upwards. If the site is just info about the business and nothing else, then it probably won't use much resources, but if it's an online ecommerce site .. the sky can really be the limit ..

As for domains - cost will vary.

HTH

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tiger1

Thanks for info. I already have a domain name for e-mails but as we were busy we never progressed to the website stage. I understand that cost will reflect how functional I want the website to be. It is for a property letting agency so therefore the property photo and description will be there and the usual information on our company. We will also have info to attract new business and and enquiry form to allow them give us some basic info. We do not want to overkill as I find some websites do by giving too much nformation. So if anyone wants to add more your welcome.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Hi Tiger1,

I'd suggest going with a wordpress platform or Joomla in that case, lots of SEO and really simple to use and posting each time you have a new property. Installed and skinned should be about the 700-2k mark, less if you get a college student to do it. Then budget to spend a few hundred each year on upgrades, hosting and design changes.

Remember to really layout your goals for what you want the site to achieve. Do you want people signing up for a weekly newsletter, or is it purely there for people to find your phone number (brochure site).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭IRE60

Thanks for info. I already have a domain name for e-mails but as we were busy we never progressed to the website stage. I understand that cost will reflect how functional I want the website to be. It is for a property letting agency so therefore the property photo and description will be there and the usual information on our company. We will also have info to attract new business and and enquiry form to allow them give us some basic info. We do not want to overkill as I find some websites do by giving too much nformation. So if anyone wants to add more your welcome.

I am sure I came across a 'wordpress' 'plugin' that enables you to set up a property letting site. Google it and you might be at least be able to mess with it. If you liked it, you could always have it modified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭LauraOrlagh

I have recently set up a new website and I was dealing with an Irish firm called Spiralli Designs who were really helpful in every way, you could e-mail Niamh and ask her for a quote maybe, her e-mail address is sales@spiralli.ie
    I hope this helps you out!

Laura Kelly
    http://www.creditcontrolcovered.com/
    Laura@creditcontrolcovered.com

Advertisement