Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leather grips

• 17-02-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi if you look on images of beauty i stitched leather grips on my bars, there seemed to be alot of interest so id decide if any one wanted to have them done id do it for around 15-25 depending on length. it takes 1-2 hours per bar and the leather is expensive. if theres any intrest pm me. if you have a leather you want done thats fine i have a dark brown and a light baige i will keep repating until i get my desired results, (im a perfectionist lol)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Golfanatic wrote: »
    Hi if you look on images of beauty i stitched leather grips on my bars, there seemed to be alot of interest so id decide if any one wanted to have them done id do it for around 15-25 depending on length. it takes 1-2 hours per bar and the leather is expensive. if theres any intrest pm me. if you have a leather you want done thats fine i have a dark brown and a light baige i will keep repating until i get my desired results, (im a perfectionist lol)
    You should be able to get a bit more than that, it is a pain in the neck to do and the likes of Brooks bar tape is £32 (cheapest I could find shipped.) Which doesn't have the same look etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Leather grips here. Were you finding them more expensive than this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

i found them for 60dolla and 40
    if any wants to know im able to do that stitch too its just more fiddly, alot more

Well i saw them and thought i'd send you the link if you wanted to buy some to stich for anyone

good idea thats better leather to0. elk hide... oooohhhhh soft

• Advertisement

Did you use leather or suede? i get the feeling suede would feel nicer in my hands...

i used suede on one of my bars but i regret it, it gets real dirty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

To clarify my post, the thing with these grips is that they look great but are an unholy pain to stitch on, (as he says 1-2 hours.) If Golfanatic is offering an attachment service with the leather I reckon he could ask for a bit more than 15-25. Not necessarily that much more but a bit!

Advertisement