Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guys would anyone where be able to create...

Options
  • 17-02-2010 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

...or give me ideas for a boxing poster for a fictional fight. Any help really appricated.

I've just start with photoshop but so far havent gotten past the first rung of the ladder.

There was a guy that used to do it on a boxing website but he stopped posting there. This is the thread that they put the poster on and they were pretty creative.
    http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9528

If you are inspried feel free to create one of your own or you could just alter this template for a fight that was last week.

19679_1320876738693_1134042548_991292_4958001_n.jpg

And then subsitute it with the following boxers.

Kieran Maher - Manchester

4362712007_2c99be92a7_o.jpg

and Gavin Prunty - Dublin

4363454388_fd82b1eb24.jpg

I am saying that the fight is scheduled for 17th March 2011 and will be called the St. Patrick's Day Massacre and would be for the Irish Welterweight title

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

hey man, I would give it a go but I have a **** load of stuff to do in photoshop this week.

But check this out, pretty easy to follow and good results

http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/designing-tutorials/how-to-create-a-retro-boxing-poster-in-photoshop/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dub1dude

You shouldn't really be doing photoshop for posters like this.

If you keep all your text as text layers and vector shapes and vector masks as vector and save as PDF then it will be fine for printing.

But usually people who prepare posters in Photoshop end up with poor results, this is because Photoshop is a raster package with some vector capability.

For page layouts you should use InDesign, or Quark.

This is where you bring images from Photoshop, like the fighters etc. and the vectors (like the logos in the top right an left corners) into InDesign, then set the type in INDesign.

You'll have better results this way, and you export to PDF for printing.

Advertisement