Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loan application - any suggestions?

Options
  • 17-02-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi there,

I applied last year for a loan at AIB (i have an account there, debit only) and since i have been here in Dublin for only a year, perhaps that's why i didn't get it.

I guess i need to "prove" that i have been here longer than a year... maybe applying for a credit card? or perhaps would end up in the same thing.

Thanks!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Post moved to it's own thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Lots of questions not so many answers.... Different banks have differing criteria. Considering you've said you're only here a yr I doubt you could prove you were here any longer? Typically (where I work) 2 yrs is the watershed point in terms of personal lending. Of course it depends on a number of other things like for example your work status in the country. Back in the day when I was a personal banker, students from outside the EU were hit hard as a lot of them were on yr to yr GNIB restrictions. You couldn't lend anymore then a 12 month loan to such applicants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You'd need a good history with the bank (or any Irish Bank, with appropriate statements) first, which you won't have in such a short time. A credit card may not be possible either, it would have the same requirements.

If you go into your branch and talk to the loans officer, they may be able to give you any idea of what requirements you need to meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Isabelita

Thanks for your suggestions!

Advertisement