Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Raid on Connaughton Road carpark

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Truley wrote: »
    Thought as much. Surprised it's been allowed to go on this long but hey.

Well, I've just reported the thread (via an example post) to the moderators. They're not on 24/7 but I'm sure when they see it they'll deal with it.

If you ever want the mods to take a look at something you should report it - we're generally far too busy and important (:p) to read everything everyone posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Oh I understand, really I do. It's just reading this thread is a bit ==> :eek: I mean if it was about any other minority grouping i'm sure it would have been locked by now. And rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

what is the point of this thread? :confused:
    It a discussion about a raid by the guards into criminal activity which has been covered in all the local papers!plenty of people here have posted that most travellers are decent people which is true....i can understand why you would have a problem with a discussion on crime in sligo?maybe you should contact the sligo papers and make a complaint about their article:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

Oh I understand, really I do. It's just reading this thread is a bit ==> :eek: I mean if it was about any other minority grouping i'm sure it would have been locked by now. And rightly so.

is it about a minority group of a single family who happen to be part of a minority group??

I went to school with two of this family and I have very little good to say about them. In fact I can actually say with confidence that EVERY experience I have had with them was negative - and that is a rare boast!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

T runner wrote: »
    Its just an excuse to use a raid on a traveller caravan to make disgusting generalisations about all travellers.
    Maybe you should put yourself forward as a character witness for these people who were arrested if you feel so strongly that they are being unfairly treated.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement