Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running trainer for unfit beginners in South Dublin??? Help!

Options
  • 17-02-2010 11:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29

Hi, I'm trying to get fit and am thinking of starting running with the intention of doing the flora mini marathon, but am really really unfit! Have lost over two and a half stone but have another 2 and a half to go, and am trying to find a group or trainer in the Monkstown/Blackrock/Dun Laoghaire area, but everything I've found is for the more able i.e. fit! I am a complete beginner, never ran before! Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Peckham

Assuming you're female, given that you mention the mini marathon: http://www.forgetthegym.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

no connection or experience but this trainer operates from the Southside: http://runwithtina.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Fit4Life is probably the best bet, look here for a local club

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 reamie

Thanks all, tried fit for life and found nothing suitable but will give the other two suggestions a try, thanks for the info!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭PatientBear

reamie wrote: »
    Hi, I'm trying to get fit and am thinking of starting running with the intention of doing the flora mini marathon, but am really really unfit! Have lost over two and a half stone but have another 2 and a half to go, and am trying to find a group or trainer in the Monkstown/Blackrock/Dun Laoghaire area, but everything I've found is for the more able i.e. fit! I am a complete beginner, never ran before! Help!

www.womenontherun.ie - this lady is very well recommended and trains both women and men. She has a place on Georges Street as well, so easy to find.

Best of luck with your training regime too, but don't forget - YOU CAN DO IT!

• Advertisement
Advertisement