Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Boyle has no confidence in Willie O'Dea

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jackcee

I agree. I have nothing but contempt for him.. He did the moral equivalent of texting your girlfriend to break up with her, when he twittered about his "no confidence"... Dan.. nobody cares what you think, you didnt get voted in and your vote / opinions only count with a) the greens and b) what FF friends got you your senate seat in the first.

If the man had any guts he could have resigned, like he "threatened" to do last week..... (i.e. give up 70k p.a. for looking disinterested in the Senate a couple of days a week, who else would pay the fat fool that amount of money).

If he had something to say, he should have called a press conference. Instead he twittered, then turned off his phone and dived for cover ... what a coward... He should be fired for lack of moral courage, and interfering in Dáil issues.

Johnathan,

I am not particularly captivated by your style of expression, (dont worry, it's an age thing), but I agree completely with the thrust of your argument.

I cannot understand RTE's obsession with this non-entitiy - but then again, perhaps I understand completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭simonj

"Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Sounds suspiciously like G Lee after the Dublin poll - and what would we replace them with - FG?

If that was the case my reacton would be
    Different day - same ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

On TV3 news just now Ursela Halligan said John Gormley told Brian Cowen the Greens were going to pull out of government if Willie O'Dea did not resign! If that's true and it most likely is, just shows how 2 faced the Greens are. Voted confidence in him yesterday and then when they saw the reaction of the green members and the general public, they changed their mind!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Which contadicts Michael Martin on Prime Time

It just shows that you can't believe a word that comes out of the Green Parliamentary party any more. I feel sorry for the normal Green party members and supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    On TV3 news just now Ursela Halligan said John Gormley told Brian Cowen the Greens were going to pull out of government if Willie O'Dea did not resign! If that's true and it most likely is, just shows how 2 faced the Greens are. Voted confidence in him yesterday and then when they saw the reaction of the green members and the general public, they changed their mind!!

To me, it shows that they've finally figured out how to represent the people.

Mind you, it does show how out-of-touch they are that they got it so wrong yesterday.

And even the "representation" is dubious, because it's a representation on something that keeps them in power, rather than the one that was required last year or the week of the general election, where doing the right thing would have put them out of Government.

Self-interested and out of touch.

They may as well join FF at this stage.

Good to see Vincent Browne at the moment is concentrating on the flip-flopping of the Greens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Good to see Vincent Browne at the moment is concentrating on the flip-flopping of the Greens.

Fionnan Sheahan cut to the chase on VB:
    I think you're getting into law and ethics, Vincent. This was Politics.
    ^Or words to that effect- a good (albeit depressing) insight.
    Made me laugh anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,110 ✭✭✭✭walshb

We really have no opposition to FF I feel. The others are just as bad I would say and the only option is to vote out the current and return them, HOPING that maybe it's a serious wake up call and kick up the arse. In other words, rehabilitation! It's a long shot I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    If Dan Boyle set the wheels in motion for today's events, then fair play to him.

Any comment on his Twitter site tonight ?
    http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/
    Part of Irish Times editorial :
    "...The Green Party was initially supine in voting confidence in Mr O’Dea. It girded its loins when it struck home that, novices though they may be to the realities of coalition government, their suspension of moral judgment on an issue of standards in government left them like the emperor with no clothes. There was no coming back, especially after former senator Déirdre de Búrca’s accusations of their spinelessness last week..... "

Letter in today's Irish Times :
    Madam, – I used to think Green Party chairman Dan Boyle was a serious and developing politician.
    Now I find he hides behind Twitter to voice his opinions about his colleagues’ behaviour on the unedifying O’Dea affair (Front page, February 18th). What is wrong with standing up and being counted? You can’t even say that this sort of tweet is green. – Yours, etc,

These two pieces from Irish Times say it all really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Where did InisMor go ? I'd like to hear more of his insider information :p

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Highly Salami

......just shows how 2 faced the Greens are. Voted confidence in him yesterday and then when they saw the reaction of the green members and the general public, they changed their mind!!

Its called democracy, if you don't like it you can always emigrate to North Korea or somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Its called democracy, if you don't like it you can always emigrate to North Korea or somewhere.

Ahem ! Democracy does allow people to voice their own opinions - the greens havent yet managed to establish a fascist state which makes criticism a crime !

Advertisement