Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long Wave DRM

• 18-02-2010 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Anyone else rig up an old Radio to you PC via the sound card to get Long Wave DRM
    Tried Dream(on Linux) and Win DRM(on Windows) without much success although I did get some German/Danish EPG. initially but then nada and could even read RTE on 252 or BBC WS on BBC 4
    Maybe its a dodgy Cable or SoundCard

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Are RTE still doing DRM? BBC are not transmitting DRM on LW.

Dream works quite well on Windows. Its possible to decode without converting the i.f frequency to 12 KHz, but better with a converter.
    A converter only costs a few € to buy or build. The modification details to convert a lot of popular radios can be found online.

SNR is really important. Turn off anything that may cause interference.

I only used a scanner, tapped of the i.f, and couldn't decode audio on 252 LW except for a couple of seconds. Poor SNR.
    SW broadcasts were better with DW and the BBC easily decoded.

I transmitted DRM (a bit naughty, I know) a few years ago but, without a proper receiver, I never determined how far or well it worked.

Advertisement