Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW MAIDEN ALBUM...NEW MAIDEN ALBUM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Yeah, it's pretty much done by all accounts. This is the longest gap between Maiden albums that I can remember although it's not as if they've been dormant with various tours over the last few years & a movie as well. Hopefully they'll be previewing tracks on the website in the not too distant future...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fiftysix

It's still gonna be the same bollox they have released for the last 800 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Its scary to think they've had albums out for the last 5 decades:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Its scary to think they've had albums out for the last 5 decades:eek::eek:

Haha, Jesus, that's true... 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, 10's... tho if you want to get very pedantic, the 1979 ''Soundhouse Tapes'' is not considered an album as such......:osorry to have to point it out. But still the band has been going since 1975 and has been one of the best stalwarts of the metal scene through thick and thin.

Up the Irons!!!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Iron Maiden was my favourite band as a teenager, I still love them their first 8 albums or so are amazing but the last 5 or 6 albums are all so similar cant tell one from the other. Just the same stuff over and over again with different lyrics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Hopefully it resembles Brave New World!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Hope they tour this with an Irish date

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Gonzo wrote: »
    Iron Maiden was my favourite band as a teenager, I still love them their first 8 albums or so are amazing but the last 5 or 6 albums are all so similar cant tell one from the other. Just the same stuff over and over again with different lyrics.

The last six Maiden studio albums were nowhere near sounding the same.

Fear Of The Dark
    The X Factor
    Virtual XI
    Brave New World
    Dance Of Death
    A Matter Of Life And Death

Four had Dickinson on vocals, two had Bayley on vocals. There was a marked change in style when Bayley came in, as to suit his singing style.

There was another shift when Dickinson came back, plus his comeback album was probably the best album Maiden released since their peak in the 80's.

The following two albums slowed down a lot, but the second of that pair is actually a damn fine prog album.

I have a feeling that this will be it for Maiden. This will be their 15th studio album, and Harris has often said that number 15 will be it for him. Would the rest of the band carry on? Maybe, but I could see Harris going through the courts to try and stop them using the name. Much like the way he went after Derek Riggs in the courts.

Personally I hope they bring out something that matches the quality of Brave New World, and I firmly believe that they have a great album left in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

meh, last few albums were alright, but nothing compared to the 80s stuff.

Was very pissed off the last time they played in ireland in 2006, palyed all the new album, in order......which got boring near the end as all the songs had the same structure...5-7 mins long, slow intros building up....big choruses and big solos. knowing what the next 5 songs are going to be pissed me off, especially knowing that after those 5, was fear of the dark, 2 minutes to midnight, the evil that men do, hallowed by thy name and iron maiden!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

GrizzlyMan wrote: »

That'd be awesome if it did! Can't see how it would though. Brave New World is defintely my favouirte Maiden album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Hope so, are they recording this one live also?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭silver_surfer

I thought they really came back into form on the last few albums, I look forward to hearing the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

seen them in london on the "somewhere back in time" tour was fantastic and hope the new album is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

'Brave New World' was/is a great album.:D I wasn't that mad about 'A Matter of Life And Death'.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭blagards

'Brave New World' was/is a great album.:D I wasn't that mad about 'A Matter of Life And Death'.:(
    "brave new world" is a great album, but i think "a matter of life and death" might be the best they've done imo. "seventh son of a seventh son" and "brave new world" might push it so its a hard one to decide for me

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

I like Dance of Death, and thought Maiden were great at on the early days tour when they played the RDS. But I absolutely hated the last album so didn't go to see them in the Point, and don't really have high hopes for this.

bassey wrote: »
    I like Dance of Death, and thought Maiden were great at on the early days tour when they played the RDS. But I absolutely hated the last album so didn't go to see them in the Point, and don't really have high hopes for this.

The AMOLAD gig in Dublin was a pretty good gig to be fair. It is not my favourite Maiden album, that honour goes to, depending on my mood, one of Killers, The Number Of The Beast, Powerslave, or Brave New World, but it is still a solid enough album and no blot on the band's record.

I think it is to Maiden's credit that they have never released a really awful album despite being around for so long. I think No Prayer For The Dying comes closest to being their worst album, followed by Virtual XI, but even both of those have some really catchy songs on them when I give them a rare listen.

I think the production on NPFTD is really what puts me off of it at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Kess73 wrote: »
    The AMOLAD gig in Dublin was a pretty good gig to be fair. It is not my favourite Maiden album, that honour goes to, depending on my mood, one of Killers, The Number Of The Beast, Powerslave, or Brave New World, but it is still a solid enough album and no blot on the band's record.

I think it is to Maiden's credit that they have never released a really awful album despite being around for so long. I think No Prayer For The Dying comes closest to being their worst album, followed by Virtual XI, but even both of those have some really catchy songs on them when I give them a rare listen.

I think the production on NPFTD is really what puts me off of it at times.

Yeah, defo gotta agree with the bold bit. And I gotta agree with the choice of their two ''worst'' albums. There is no truly terrible album out there, having been around so long, and recent offerings have been almost on a par with some of the 80's output.

Here's hoping the new one is up there too!!!:D

I really enjoyed that gig in 2006 - getting to hear all of AMOLAD live - especially tracks like 'Brighter Than A thousand Suns' & 'Lord of Light' was great, to be honest I preferred that to hearing them do Run To The Hills/Trooper/NOTB which I've heard done live plenty of times.

There is probably at least one more 'Early Days' tour to come, and as they've yet to release 'Maiden England' on DVD that should all tie in with another documentary covering the period up to NPFTD/FOTD.

But that'll be a bit down the road yet, after this new album is released & toured.

The new album is called 'The Final Frontier' and will be out in the summer. Some tour dates are available on ironmaiden.com, mostly North American shows.

• Advertisement

I see Dream Theatre are back again as support in the US.

They have had a nice few tours with Maiden down the years.

Just noticed that the August 1st tour date is still free on the European dates. They are only having one UK gig in 2010 and August 5th is in Germany, with Sweden, Finland and Norway after that.

I think I shall hope against hope for an Irish date. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

I was at the amolad gig and thaught it was great. seen them in paris and the rds aswell. it be great if they did a show in dublin again. was going to go over to twickenham but left it to late to get a ticket. so didnt go in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I think I shall hope against hope for an Irish date. :)

Im going to start a Maiden for Slane rumour :P

RayCon wrote: »
    Im going to start a Maiden for Slane rumour :P

I will start a counter rumour of Maiden at Thomond Park in Limerick :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

homepage_na_x3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 oweno

i agree, can't undrstand metal mags saying 'a matter of life and death' is their best since the 80's. its nowhere near as good as BNW:mad:

oweno wrote: »
    i agree, can't undrstand metal mags saying 'a matter of life and death' is their best since the 80's. its nowhere near as good as BNW:mad:

Finally someone who agrees with me. I just hope the new album will be better than AMOLAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I see Dream Theatre are back again as support in the US.
    If only they were to do that in Europe... I can dream.

Finally someone who agrees with me. I just hope the new album will be better than AMOLAD.

There are at least four or five already in this thread that think BNW was the best Maiden did since the 80's.:p

• Advertisement

There are at least four or five already in this thread that think BNW was the best Maiden did since the 80's.:p

Thats great, at least I'm not the only one. This might be what the new albums cover artwork looks like:

http://www.ironmaidenwallpaper.com/files/Final_Frontier_4.jpg

It's not bad at all, although I still prefer the old school Eddies.

Advertisement