Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Yellow lines in Greystones

Options
  • 18-02-2010 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question...If you were to go up to Greystones in your car and found a section of road which had a single yellow line, what would you do if you wanted to park and there is no time plate available to identify the parking times?

Bare in mind, you don't have the luxury of googling for info as you arrive!

I'll go into more detail after my little chat with the Parking Contractor for Greystones. So your comments would be appreciated.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I suspect if there's no plate then its no parking any time - I do know that is the case with loading bays.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

astrofluff wrote: »
    Just a quick question...If you were to go up to Greystones in your car and found a section of road which had a single yellow line, what would you do if you wanted to park and there is no time plate available to identify the parking times?

Bare in mind, you don't have the luxury of googling for info as you arrive!

I'll go into more detail after my little chat with the Parking Contractor for Greystones. So your comments would be appreciated.

Doesn't a single yellow line only mean no parking during business hours, regardless of whether there is a plate to indicate that or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Just to add to this a little bit. The taxi rank is now outside the Burnaby pub and clearly marked. Its so tiring asking people to move on when they've parked in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Tiring is having three babies in a car and realising that you don't have a euro in your pocket so you can't park directly outside the playground as one of them is asleep in the car or you can't park down near the cove to go for a walk. The metres should be removed from areas of public amenity. I have no problem with metres in business areas to avoid congestion and keep everyone moving. Anywhere else is a disgrace.

Sorry , carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Clodagh84 wrote: »
    Doesn't a single yellow line only mean no parking during business hours, regardless of whether there is a plate to indicate that or not?

This appears to be the case, and in my case I wouldn't have a clue what the business hours are. I'm kinda p*ssed off that there is no obligation to have sign plates on single yellow lines.:mad:

@ Loyatemu, if there is no sign plate on a single yellow line, and no parking is allowed all day long, then put in double yellow lines! Why does the motorist have to guess the prohibited times?!

Here is the Statutory Regulation:

Restrictions on Parking
    37. (1) A vehicle shall not be parked during a period which may be indicated on an information plate, on that side of a section of roadway along the edge of which traffic sign number RRM 007 [single yellow line] has been provided.

ROAD TRAFFIC (TRAFFIC AND PARKING) REGULATIONS, 1997

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Why doesn't everyone just put the Hazard Lights on, thats the universal sign for free parking :)

A Yellow Line I generally avoid like the plague.

With regards to Parking Ticket Machines, Greystones has a load of them not working. The Parking Warden told me if you can see a working one in within your sight you can park for free!

I doubt that one holds up on Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

I doubt those guys would check they'd just issue the ticket.

Advertisement