Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sell off one county at a time?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I don't want to be seen to be defending Kerry...but it's better than Cork ;). Also, it has the highest proportion of entry to third level of any part of the country, including south Dublin city, so the "Kerry people are dumb" thing doesn't really add up.

Is that becasue they all get an automatic GAA grant for UCD just for being born in Kerry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

gavredking wrote: »
    Offaly for me. Waste of good space on the map.

Sell Offaly like London bridge was sold then there would be space for a lovely lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I don't want to be seen to be defending Kerry...but it's better than Cork ;). Also, it has the highest proportion of entry to third level of any part of the country, including south Dublin city, so the "Kerry people are dumb" thing doesn't really add up.

Does Kerry actually have a university?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Can we just do whatever it takes to get rid of Cork?

:mad:

We are just far too sophisticated for you....:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

we already sold the whole country . . .the to germans in 1973 . . .and confirmed it in Masstricht, Nice II and Lisbon II . . . .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Leitrim - would anyone notice it's missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Does Kerry actually have a university?

TIT - Tralee IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

I WOULD NOW!!!

i think we should sell all of ireland but keep kildare, we could become an independant free state and live off horses and breed with them and become centaurs!

yes its ****ed up, but we would be unique!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I think people would notice if it actually went missing. I mean, driving from say Dublin to Donegal and coming across an intergalactic void the size of a small county in the middle of the island tends not to be something you miss.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Whats a "Leitrim"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

No offense but dont country people usually study like hell to get out of the farm and into a profession?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

GA361 wrote: »
    TIT - Tralee IT

There's also a Tallaght IT and a Tipperary IT... Just how many TITs does this bitch have! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Selling Dublin would be like selling the family silver

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Selling Dublin would be like selling the family silver

In the way that its nice to have, look at some times, but noone really uses it, or would notice its gone until Christmas when they want it for the dinner table?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

so the "Kerry people are dumb" thing doesn't really add up.

No-one really believed it.
    No offense but dont country people usually study like hell to get out of the farm and into a profession?

Yes, they are all farmers down the sticks. I would say that Dublin has the dumbest population, hence it's relatively low rate of entry to third level, but thats true of all large cities. Average reduced by the presence of a statistically larger under-classs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I think people would notice if it actually went missing. I mean, driving from say Dublin to Donegal and coming across an intergalactic void the size of a small county in the middle of the island tends not to be something you miss.

Made that run twice a week for 4 years and never went near Letrim.
    Can't be getting rid of Donegal: Best scenery in Ireland right there.
    Dublin has Trinners.
    Not really sure what the point of Letrim is, though.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement