Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything decent on the Wii?

Options
  • 18-02-2010 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up a (very) cheap second-hand Wii on a whim, but I know very little about the RPGs out there for it. What are the Final Fantasy games on it like?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,435 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The final fantasy games are mostly ****e don't bother.

There's final fantasy 4 the after years on Wiiware which is supposedly excellent and a sequel to FF4. I have to get round to playing it myself. Little Kings Story is supposedly excellent as well, another one I must buy. I've also heard great things about Opoona despite it's middling reviews. The HG101 guys swear by it.

There's also a Tales of game but it never got a PAL release and I hear it's pretty poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Well there's Zelda and a new Zelda title in the works,apart from that feck all tbh.

The U.S. 360 is your best bet for JRPGS but the Japanese ancestor of the Snes has one good RPG and that's that. The world has indeed gone mad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,435 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zelda isn't an RPG though.

This generation has been awful for JRPGs on the home consoles. Thank god for handhelds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I can second Opoona having played it myself, it's a very good game. It starts off a bit kiddy but it gets a bit darker as it goes along and is great fun to play.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is out too and it's meant to be decent. It's a sequel to Tales of Symphonia on the GC but I haven't gotten around to it yet so I'm not sure how essential it would be to have played the first game.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is good if you like strategy RPGs though again is better if you've played the GC prequel first.

I'd also recommend downloading Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario off the virtual console.

Forgot about Fire Emblem. Highly recommended here as well as paper mario and mario RPG.

• Advertisement
Advertisement