Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adidas Race Series 2010

• 18-02-2010 9:51am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does any one know anything about this? Can only see info on the 2009 event.

I'm looking to do my first race in the summer and reckon this would be a good starting point.

Any info people have would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

The info will no doubt be added in the coming weeks.
    The series is top notch and well worth entering especially good on value also. Last year I entered all 3 races and there was a discount from what would have been €60 down to €45 with a free bag thrown in for the first 1,000 people that completed all three races. The bag was not great for a runner as it resembled a laptop bag but it was Adidas so decent quality if you had a use for it!

In summary, keep an eye out for it and enter all three if you think you're upto it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Excaptain

belcarra wrote: »
    The info will no doubt be added in the coming weeks.
    The series is top notch and well worth entering especially good on value also. Last year I entered all 3 races and there was a discount from what would have been €60 down to €45 with a free bag thrown in for the first 1,000 people that completed all three races. The bag was not great for a runner as it resembled a laptop bag but it was Adidas so decent quality if you had a use for it!

In summary, keep an eye out for it and enter all three if you think you're upto it.:D

That is a pretty decent price for 3 races. I see the dates are there alright. Roll on the summer, I'll be there and the marathon too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

All of these races take place in the park, right?

What are the crowds like? Only one experience of running in the park and would be in no rush back there....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

any use for a beginer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭smmoore79

godtabh wrote: »
    any use for a beginer?

Theyre perfect for a beginner. Literally every pace of runner including beginner enter these.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

All of these races take place in the park, right?

What are the crowds like? Only one experience of running in the park and would be in no rush back there....

The crowds are big, not as big as the great ireland run but it's well organised and the 10 miler last year made massive improvements on the problems people encountered in the 5 miler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

godtabh wrote: »
    any use for a beginer?

I was and still am a beginner and used them for the past 2 years as a work up to the DCM. no matter how many training runs you do it is great to get some pre race nerves under your belt and realise how easy it can be to set off too fast an mess up a target finish time.

If your plan is to use the race series as a step up to the DCM check the date of the 1/2 marathon as last year I thought it was a bit late in a training schedule if it was to be a first attempt at that distance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'd be hoping just to do the HM. I dont 10km every second day or so, so I reckon 13 miles will be my limit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If your plan is to use the race series as a step up to the DCM check the date of the 1/2 marathon as last year I thought it was a bit late in a training schedule if it was to be a first attempt at that distance.
    I actually thought it fitted in well with the Higdon Novice 1 plan that I was using last year, since it fell in the week when a 14 mile long run was scheduled, between the 18 and 20 milers. I figure I got more benefit from doing a fast 13.1 :)

Advertisement