Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tendonitis

Options
  • 18-02-2010 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hey, sorry if this isn't the right place for this but didn't know where to post!! Just wondering if anyone can recomend good mice or input devices if you have tendonitis? Its getting really painful now, even when not using the mouse. I'm using a regular mouse at the moment but wonder if one of those vertical mice or trackballs would help? I'm willing to try anything to be out of pain. Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Do you have a wrist pad?
    Make sure that your forearm/wrist are supported; too often I see people working right at the edge of their desk. Move your keyboard & mouse in so that that you are supported.

Also make sure the rest of you is setup correctly.
    Knees, waist, elbows should be all 90 degrees.
    The top of your monitor should be level with your eyes, but tilted up slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭MysticalRain

You could try using a 3M vertical mouse or start using the mouse with your otherhand.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

thanks for the suggestions, i am going to try that 3m mouse and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭cltt97

I used to get this really bad and I had to switch hands and learn how to use my left hand - I actually never switched back... but I realised I had two things going on, a) I was diagnosed hypothyroid, and tendonitis/wrist pain is a frequent symptom and b) I have a slight curve in my neck - so between getting treatment for the two underlying causes I have managed to get rid of it and only have the very occasional flare up. I tried all sorts of gadgets, but none really helped, the only thing I thought was good at the time was braces for the rist and the ellbow - also read that wearing wrist braces at night helps, as people tend to bend their wrists and one should avoid... Anyhow, hope this is at least a bit helpful!

Advertisement