Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture to charity

Options
  • 18-02-2010 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, am shortly moving house and wanted to donate some items of furniture (three piece suite etc) to charity, anyone know of a charity that actually comes and collects items?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I would be quiet surprised if the Charity actually even took them, a lot of charities will not take second hand furniture. I remember a lady who moved into a house and wanted a new kitchen, there was nothing wrong with the old one she just wanted her kitchen, so she called a few charities and was told that they would not take the kitchen units nothing..

A place you could try is jumbletown, it is a site where you give unwanted items away for free..I have given a few things away there and its great someone might be looking for a new dress but has no money or their house may have been damaged in the floods or fire and needs things..They normally arrange for the items to be picked up

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

st vincent de paul take furniture

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

How about jumbletown, adverts.ie, or freecycle, then donating the proceeds (if any) to charity?

Most charities are strapped for cash, I doubt if any would want to pay a driver to come to your house and collect it.

Advertisement