Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband only, no phone option??

• 18-02-2010 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

HI

As a money saving exercise i was hoping to downgrade my eircom account to broadband only. Does anyone have this package or similar? I can do without the land line entirely but canceling eircom and using mobile bb isnt an option as coverage in the area is terrible.

Anyone know is this is feasible. Eircoms website is offering no advice, surprise surprise.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you have a bundled call package, you can cancel that, but you will have to pay line rental (and hence your phone will be active). You could plug out the phone of course, to stop the temptation of using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

buzzymam wrote: »
    HI

As a money saving exercise i was hoping to downgrade my eircom account to broadband only. Does anyone have this package or similar? I can do without the land line entirely but canceling eircom and using mobile bb isnt an option as coverage in the area is terrible.

Anyone know is this is feasible. Eircoms website is offering no advice, surprise surprise.

You end up paying more money when signed up for a DSL only package. The phone bundles are cheaper, even if you don't use your phone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

buzzymam wrote: »
    HI

Some of eircoms bundled packages are actually pretty expensive perhaps you should shop around with the likes of UTV and Vodafone to see if you can get a cheaper deal.

Sadly you won't be able to get ADSL broadband without paying line rental for your telephone line

Advertisement