Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCT Waiting Time

Options
  • 18-02-2010 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

Anybody now roughly what is the average waiting time for an NCT test in Waterford at the moment?

Need to have it done in the next 4 weeks.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

You should be sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,433 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Check on the website, you will find what dates are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

my car is due nct in april,so go a service and stuff done to it last week in preparation,so i said i would book it in early,they gave me an appointment for next week,but it was for the kilkenny nct centre so had to ring back and try and get an appointment for waterford and the earliest date they gave me was the 29th of march,so they seem to be booked up,i,d ring as soon as you can if i were you

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jay.i.am

I called the booking no. on mon and was told there is no available dates on screen and that a date will be sent out by post.Still nothing in the post today.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The only date available for Waterford according to website and phone number is Sunday 7th march, all other dates throughout march and April are supposely booked up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭d-sher

Ah thats grand, thanks for all your help guys! mucho appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

if they can,t give you a date for your test until after your expiry date the test is usually free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

if they can,t give you a date for your test until after your expiry date the test is usually free

This used to be the case, if you weren't given a date within 30 days you were refunded the fee but I could find no record of this when I looked recently.

On the 1st August last year I booked online for a Friday appointment (my NCT ran out 30 September) - the earliest date I could get was 4th December!

My wife recently booked hers and the waiting time seems to be about 5-6 weeks. Seems it's less if you phone up.

Apparently if you take your appointment letter with you in the car you'll be OK if you are pulled over by the Guards.

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Dont worry if you cant get one, just be able to show proof that you booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I rang and go a test for 2 days later..when booking re test i got one for the follwing day (which was a Sunday) so they work 7 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Big J

The NCT on my car ran out on 7 Feb. I hadn't realised - thought it was later in the month. Rang next day and two days later a letter came through the door for an appointment on 23 Feb.

What I was told on the phone is that if I wanted it sooner I could ring in the mornings and see if they had any cancellations - but I guess there will be quite a few people doing that by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭d-sher

Got 1 for march 8th. Thanks folks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Does anyone know if the Waterford centre closes for lunch? I booked my appointment back in November for later this week and booked a lunchtime appointment so I could get it done on my lunch break from work, but I saw on Twitter today that Jason Sherlock the former GAA player did the same as me only to show up at a centre in Dublin and find it closed for lunch!! Hoping it is just that particular centre and not the Waterford one, does anyone know?!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Marchandire

http://www.ncts.ie/customer_charter.html

Have a look at number 4 and number 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The office closes for lunch. You can hang on in the waiting room but the blinds on the hatches are down, no work is being done.

Advertisement