Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese speakers?

Options
  • 18-02-2010 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi, I live in dublin and am trying to learn to speak japanese, and would like to meet some japanese/english speaking people to converse with! I think I'm optimistic, but if you fit the bill post back here, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Maybe try putting up a notice in Asian markets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Maybe ask the Japanese Embassy?

I used to have a Japanese colleague who went to social occasions in the Japanese community here. The embassy might be able to put you in touch with any groups here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 senbwcs

There used to be some sort of conversation group in the Ilac Centre library, not sure if it's still on. Get in touch with the embassy, they're really helpful I dealt with them a few times a couple of years back when Japanese was a new Leaving Cert subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

Put a sign up in some of the English schools for a conversation swap, you'll probabl find a Japanese Student willing to trade a half hours Japanese for a Half hours English

Advertisement