Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well water pump diaphragm pressure.

• 18-02-2010 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I have an outdoor water pump and draw water from a well. I have experienced problems with pump switching on/off regularly when drawing water from a tap. It seams that there is no air in the vessel. If I pump air into the vessel how do I go about it, I know where to pump but do I empty water from the vessel then pump or should I have some water in it when I pump? What pressure do I pump it too?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 adzar

If the vessel is full of water then the diaphram inside it is ripped and will need to be replaced.test it like a car tyre if some air comes out then it is fine.you will just have to pump it up to approx 1 bar or 14psi maybe a little more if you want a lot of water pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 pauljordan

Thanks for that. The vessel does take air as I can pump a little then push the valve and air comes out. But do I set the pressure with tank empty of water or pressurised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Check the vessel with the pump off and water pressure released (by opening a tap), otherwise the pump pressure on the wet side of the diaphragm will give a false high reading on the air side. 1.0 to 1.5 bar air pressure should be about right with no pressure on the water side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 pauljordan

Works a treat -thanks for that ! :D

Advertisement