Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help with new car radio

Options
  • 18-02-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

Hi, so heres the problem, I have a ford fiesta with the standard stock radio. I have a Ministry of sound radio also (not fitted obv) from my last car. I want to fit the ministry of sound radio to the fiesta but I don’t know if it has a key Code on it or any type of security (I didn’t buy the radio was in first car when I bought it) is there any way to tell does it require a code? I can’t try to switch them either without being 100% sure because I don’t have the code for the fiestas radio either. So I’m stuck, I have no idea what to do at this stage, I really want to change the radio because the other has an aux in so I can play music from my phone., and it’s much better sound quality. Any help would be great, Ill include specs below. Thanks

ford stock radio = 4000 RDS E-O-N .

new radio = Ministry of sound , MOSCA089/A .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

If you don't power up the after market radio you'll never know if the code is on or not.

Ford dealership will give you the OEM ford radio code if you prove ownership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

^^^ What he said.
    Best bet would be to get the code for the OEM radio first from Ford.
    They'll probably want to see the vehicle licensing certificate.

TBH it's unlikely that the Ministry of Sound stereo has a code activated on it.
    You could always try plugging the Ministry of Sound stereo into a different car to check.
    Or, get someone who knows more about car stereos to help you and attach it directly to a car battery (with a fuse inline of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Hi guys thanks for the replys. I went to a car security chap and he said it defo dont have security. He even offered to install it (including the fittings and cables) for 50 euro so im just gonna go for that option.

Advertisement