Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern America MOdule

Options
  • 18-02-2010 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

HI everyone.. just wondering can someone help..
    i cant find the essay titles for modern America on blackboard anywhere..
    I've emailed my tutor and my lecturer and gotten no response and did one of those class emails through blackboard (i hate getting them too sorry) asking did anyone no where to find them but got no responses!
    Can anyone tel me if they no what they are or could someone email them to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 donkey_kong

HIS20470? if so they aren't on blackboard I was given them in person by my tutor.

1. The Alien and Sediction Act came to represent diverging views within America as to how the nation should progress. Discuss
    2. Discuss the differences between Jefferson's political philosophy and the developments of his Presidency.
    3. Why is the label 'the era of good feeling' an inaccurate description of the period 1815-1828.
    4. Discuss the Presidency of Andrew Jackson.
    5. How significant was the slavery issue in the origins of the civil war?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jenni-fabuloso

anyone know when its due? how long it has to be?? im screwed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

I have a completely different set of questions. I don't have the sheet with me, but I'm doing; 'Account for the origins of the 1812 war?'.

It's due on the 5th of March. It's a bit of a joke that they lumped this on us during the week, with not that much notice and loads of other assignments already due that week. I assume most are the same, with 3 history assignments due that week, you'd think that there'd be better communication within the department.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭McNuggy10

Thanks for the posting of the questions!!!

Do different tutors give different questions??
    Ugh!! is anyone in Fridays tutorial at 2 in F103a???

Ive emailed the lecture and the history office and cant get any info!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 donkey_kong

if the questions aren't on blackboard then it might make sense that different tutors are giving different questions. The questions I submitted are for Martin Russells class on Thursday at 10am if that helps anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MobyDick

Anyone know the questions for the seminar at 2pm in c109? I haven't got a clue whats going on ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭McNuggy10

MobyDick wrote: »
    Anyone know the questions for the seminar at 2pm in c109? I haven't got a clue whats going on ha!

Yeah makes sense guys..
    Emailed module co-ordinator again, cos i dont no my tutors name, and the history office and still no reply!! loving the quality communication they have goin on!!
    And yes i realise its my own fault for not going to the tutorials!!

ps.. im Friday @ 2pm in f103a if anyone has those ones!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

HIS20470? if so they aren't on blackboard I was given them in person by my tutor.

1. The Alien and Sediction Act came to represent diverging views within America as to how the nation should progress. Discuss
    2. Discuss the differences between Jefferson's political philosophy and the developments of his Presidency.
    3. Why is the label 'the era of good feeling' an inaccurate description of the period 1815-1828.
    4. Discuss the Presidency of Andrew Jackson.
    5. How significant was the slavery issue in the origins of the civil war?

These are the ones I have as well.

Anyone know how long it has to be? 1,000 words? 1,500?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

How about you actually call up to the history office in person and see if they know who your tutor is? Or, better still, go and see the Module Co-ordinator as they'll definitely have all the details - tutor's name, essay titles, submission dates, and all other details you'll require. Oh, and going to tutorials does help, too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

1968 wrote: »
    These are the ones I have as well.

Anyone know how long it has to be? 1,000 words? 1,500?

1500-2000 words, due on the 5th of March.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Friday 2pm D112

Anyone know the titles?

I emailed the tutor and got no response....

24 hours and 40 minutes until it's due though, so plenty of time left :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Leonid

Friday 2pm D112

I have strong reasons to suspect that this tutorial does not exist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Leonid wrote: »
    I have strong reasons to suspect that this tutorial does not exist.

:confused: What makes you say that??
    I've been to it.
    Unless it was all a dream.

Advertisement