Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3d Landscape

Options
  • 18-02-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi.

Please move this thread if its in the wrong place!

I want to create a 3d reconstruction of an archaeological site, recreating both the landscape and architecture in an environment that can be navigated through. I have relatively little experience with any design software (I've played with blender a bit), so I realise this will be a big task. But half the project is the learning experience. Anyway, can anyone recommend a program in which to do this? Or any tips to get started.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moved to Digital Art as I think this may be a better fit that Software and Web Design. If I'm wrong, I'm sure the mods will bounce it to the correct forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 B.MasterGeneral

Nice one, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I wouldn't usually recommend SketchUp for landscaping but, if it isn't a huge site with too many varying contours, it might tick the boxes for you. It's easy enough to learn, it's free, and there are controls to navigate around the model quite easily.

There are a lot of tutorials available on the official sketchup site http://sketchup.google.com

EDIT:Oh and if you need any help with anything in particular, post here, I've a fair bit of experience in it.

Or if you wanted to outsource the job and let me invoice ya, feel free! ;)

Advertisement