Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taito Space Invaders table top

Options
  • 18-02-2010 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Does anyone know of any pub in Ireland that still has one of those Space Invader tables that were in every pub back in the day!
    Can you let me know? cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The boards.ie Helpdesk is for people having trouble with the site or having issues with a moderation decision, Orlski:) Plus the regular site members can't reply to a thread there.

Let's try Games ->Arcade & Retro as a better place where you'll hopefully get your answer! Moving this there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,799 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Are you looking to buy one?

I remember a while ago, there was a guy on here trying to sell something similar. It was a Space Invaders clone. But was in a cocktail cab that was in pretty decent condition. Was going to buy it myself but he lived too far away in the end :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Orlski

I'm looking to take some pics of one in an old pub.
    thanks anyway.
    oh btw, how much was it going for anyway??

Master of the Universe

If I remember correctly, he wanted around 300 euro. It was an early Nintendo made space invaders clone. (I'm drawing a complete blank with the name)

The only thing wrong with it was the ship didn't move left and right on screen. Could have just put a new PCB in it and it would have worked fine.

I was all set to buy it until I realized he didn't live around Dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

Moon Base??

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Moon Base??

Spot on! Cheers :)

DCP08301.JPG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Best bet would be to build one, plenty of plans online, buy the Jamma innards, select your desired control set up, then either buy the Jamma PCB of your choice or a nice Multigame Board and off you go!

Master of the Universe

I'd love to build a really sleek stylish cocktail. There's something about a screen in a table top that just does it for me.

However, you still can't beat owning original hardware. I really would have loved that Moon Base cocktail.

Hmmm. Maybe if I get a mate who has a car to drive me out. Might see if the guy still has it.

interested in a Defender Cocktail 1 0f 500 built, nice project.I all ready have 2 will never get around to getting this 1 fixed?.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

How much are you looking for it Mitch?

LoGiE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Orlski

Yeah Mitch, how much are you looking for it?
    :)

Ok so the deal is,US import (110V)rare this side of the pond,it dose work when it wants to.Needs work to cab and a good clean.If you plan on keeping it plan on the following work.upgrade PS,Complete set of Roms afterall the are 30+ years old Cost about $20,so its worth it.I have done it on my Robotron cocktail it gets rid of a lot of problems.if anybody wants pic,s send me a PM and I will get it sorted.As for price 425.
    Any question let me know
    Cheers Mitch

Advertisement