Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how many....

• 18-02-2010 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭

Now that you are in recovery..how many of your former drinking buddies have stayed in touch with you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

This depends, as I have cut some of them out of my life so it wasn't a conscious decision on their part.

I'm still in contact with the people who have a positive impact on my life (be it a friend or a drinking buddy).

The people who are unable to accept the fact that I no longer drink are gone from my life, and it was my choice. I still go out and have fun in bars without drinking... if they can't accept that then it's their silly little issue and not mine. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

None...................but then I'm also an ace geographic

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

All now long gone and while I miss some off them I must say in the cold light off day I'm better off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

From the other side of the coin.......I was great buddies with a guy at work who had a drinking problem and the worse the problem the got, the less i wanted to be around him. Then 2 years ago he sorted himself out, went into rehab and has been sober since. We actually get on even better now because i was never someone that would go drinking with him so i wasn't in that circle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

Bassfish wrote: »
    From the other side of the coin.......I was great buddies with a guy at work who had a drinking problem and the worse the problem the got, the less i wanted to be around him. Then 2 years ago he sorted himself out, went into rehab and has been sober since. We actually get on even better now because i was never someone that would go drinking with him so i wasn't in that circle.

I am delighted that you got your buddie back Bass, as for me, I was very bitter that non of my drinking buddies even bothered to phone me when I was first in recovery...later I figured, if the shoe was on the other foot, I would probably have been the same, I have true friends to-day, and I cherish everyone of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement