Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband - Cisco EPC2425 - Logging in and Port Forwarding

• 18-02-2010 2:09pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just got UPC Broadband and I have the Cisco EPC2425 router. I want to try to setup port forwarding. I do not know how to get into the settings. can anyone help me please?

I can go to 192.168.1.100 but I cannot log in. When the guy was here setting it up this morning I asked him what the password was, username=admin and I thought he said "W1202" but it will not work for me.

Anyone know how to get in to set up port forwarding?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Zascar wrote: »
    I just got UPC Broadband and I have the Cisco EPC2425 router. I want to try to setup port forwarding. I do not know how to get into the settings. can anyone help me please?

I can go to 192.168.1.100 but I cannot log in. When the guy was here setting it up this morning I asked him what the password was, username=admin and I thought he said "W1202" but it will not work for me.

Anyone know how to get in to set up port forwarding?
    Thanks

It'll tend to be on 192.168.0.1. The first time you access it, the username and password are blank.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's admin and W2402 for the advanced tab, but while that's an accepted login, you can't actually change or alter anything there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

A friend of mine has this modem off upc, is it the builtin wireless one zascar?
    Tried setting up port forwarding for two xboxes in the house(one connected via wireless, and one wired) and the two of them can go online at the same time for some reason..
    any ideas anyone? keep getting nat type strict in mw2

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lenny wrote: »
    A friend of mine has this modem off upc, is it the builtin wireless one zascar?
    Tried setting up port forwarding for two xboxes in the house(one connected via wireless, and one wired) and the two of them can go online at the same time for some reason..
    any ideas anyone? keep getting nat type strict in mw2
    Yes that's the one Lenny. How did you get into it for Port Forwarding? I do not need it for xbox just downloading

Yes that's the one Lenny. How did you get into it for Port Forwarding? I do not need it for xbox just downloading

The port forwarding option is on the front page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

You don't need to port forward on torrents(if you're asking), it does it 'automatically' for you. You just need to tick upnp as far as i know.

The options for port forwarding are there on basic login(username blank, not blank pwd) but whether they work is another question :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Sorry mate I mistyped that. I did not try myself, my friend tried he was asking me for ideas last night because his head is wrecked that two of them can't go online at once..
    sorry! :/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Oh right ok I see it now when i log in on the main page. It's kinda similar to how my last linksys worked.

Gurramok does it really do it automatically? I did a test with the utorrent port tester and it failed. Where exactly do i "tick upnp"?

Oh right ok I see it now when i log in on the main page. It's kinda similar to how my last linksys worked.

Gurramok does it really do it automatically? I did a test with the utorrent port tester and it failed. Where exactly do i "tick upnp"?

Advanced settings -> options, tick UPnP enable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Thats what they told me twice on the phone. 'No need for port forwarding for applications'. To add, i don;t believe 'em :)

• Advertisement

Hmm ok so I just click UPnP, click apply, and I don't have to do anything else? The thing is when I do the utorrent port checker it fails. How can I test it to see if torrents are downloading at proper speeds? A popular linux distro maybe?

Ok I just tested it with a linus distro and I'm getting 1-1.3mb/sec on a 15mb connection - so looks like it's working!!
    Thanks all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Hey guys I'm having the same problem, need to forward some ports for a gameing server/application but even when I tick UPnP and not working

Ramza wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm having the same problem, need to forward some ports for a gameing server/application but even when I tick UPnP and not working

UPnP will only work if the app/game itself uses UPnP to contact the router to request the opening of those ports. Otherwise it's back to manual port forwarding.

Advertisement