Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2010 renault megane hatch - any good?

• 18-02-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

hi guys,

i'm seriously thinking about the new renault megane hatch 1.5 Dci
    there is an excellent scrappage deal so for around 15K you can have a brand new car. there are several 2008/2009 going for 14-21K on carzone/cbg etc.so seems a good deal to get a new car. its the new model minus the horrible boot of the older kind.

does anyone have experience driving these, experiences good/bad?
    they claim 62mpg, is this realistic?
    any other info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Theres a couple of very recent threads about this with good opinion and price info.

EDIT heres the most recent http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055828121

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 2008 model would probably be the old model which had a terrible rep for being unreliable. The newer model has apperently put alot of that right and comes with a 3 year warranty. At €15k including scrappage it is very good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you can get a 5 year warranty on them for around 400 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Is it the 3 door or the 5 door you're considering OP? Wouldnt like the styling of the 5 door model at all, especially not the Royale spec model you'd be getting for 15k, very bland. The 3 door doesnt look too bad i guess but nothing special. My main reason for not liking the new megane though, is that it does nothing better than the current focus did 5 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Zonda999 wrote: »
    My main reason for not liking the new megane though, is that it does nothing better than the current focus did 5 years ago.

Having a 2008 Focus I'd have to say the Meganes interior, fit and finish and feeling of solidity is leagues ahead of my car. The door 'thuds' when closed, unlike my 'clang'. The interior packaging should be better, rear legroom is not great, but having looked at one I can certainly see the appeal, which extends beyond it bargain pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

thanks for the info guys,

i looked first at the focus but it is over 18K with scrappage and way outside my budget.

i would be looking for the 5 door, used to have a 3 door few years back and wasn't worth the hassle. personally also prefer the look of the 5 door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

ciaran75 wrote: »
    i would be looking for the 5 door, used to have a 3 door few years back and wasn't worth the hassle. personally also prefer the look of the 5 door.

What about the sports tourer (Grande Megane) - best looking of the lot imo...

Cionád wrote: »

Agree 100%, is also sits on a stretched wheelbase so that takes care of the rear legroom issue. Good looking too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Cionád wrote: »

+1. More rear leg room too. And the same price.

Having a 2008 Focus I'd have to say the Meganes interior, fit and finish and feeling of solidity is leagues ahead of my car. The door 'thuds' when closed, unlike my 'clang'. The interior packaging should be better, rear legroom is not great, but having looked at one I can certainly see the appeal, which extends beyond it bargain pricing.

Fair enough, which spec of megane did you sit into though? I was in a royale spec model, the 15k one and didnt like the interior at all, build quality did seem like a big step up on the old model though, just the whole styling of it didnt make me believe it was a car launched in 2009

• Advertisement

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Fair enough, which spec of megane did you sit into though?

Think it was the Dynamique, was a bit all over the place though so not sure as I was buying a Clio at the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

colm_mcm wrote: »
    you can get a 5 year warranty on them for around 400 quid.

Thru Renault, but not with Renault.

Probably explains it, the royale i was in just seemed a bit too plasticy for my liking.

Noticed that too, when looking an ad in the paper for the megane that the estate is the same price, surely a no brainer? Better looking car IMO and a useful amiunt of extra space, will only make the 1.5 dci 86 slower though but probably still adequate to move!

Advertisement