Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend musicians

Options
  • 18-02-2010 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi
    Am in the process of organising a surprise 60th birthday party for my Mum and am looking to book a lively musician/duo for the party...
    Traditional enough stuff.... jives, waltzes etc.
    both sides of the family and friends are into their dancing
    but mainly looking to cater to my mothers age group.
    perhaps with a disco afterwards

Party not til June but got lots of planning to be done so hoping to get things ticked of the list.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Give us a clue what part of the county you are talking about. There is no point in recommending musicians or a disco from Ballygar if the function is in Renvyle!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 yellowmonkey

sorry, party will be in Headford

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

I've an idea. Invite all the Keanes from Caherlistrane to the party and during the course of the evening ask them if they will give a few bars of a tune. Your night will be made up.

Otherwise John P. Keane over in Abbeyknockmoy might fit the bill. He has a 2/3 piece band that are lively, play some of the old stuff and are fairly reasonable.

Advertisement