Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone v blackerry/alternatives

• 18-02-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey folks, I'm sure its been asked before but I'll ask again!!(sorry)....

I'm shortly setting up a small business that will require me to regularly check my emails on the go from my mobile etc and have a desent battery

I'm tempted to get an iphone when vodafone launch them (mid-march apparentely)....but I would like to get people's Pro v Cons for getting an iphone for business use?? and also how it compares to say a blackberry or alternatives in the market...ant recommendations??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I got one a couple of weeks agowhich replaced a windows mobile palm treo pro. I must say it is the best thing I ever did. I have it set up to get my work mail through exchange and gmail over imap. It syncs all my folders and mail comes in great. Apps arer very useful for diffeent things especially when I am travelling.
    With regard battery I got into the habit of charging it on the way home every evening.
    I also run my company slideshow and videos on it if i am meeting someone briefly.
    I would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Caoimh37

Thanks for the info, yeah the iphone does really seem to have alot of added benefits....someone was telling though that getting notifications of emails is costly with the iPhone and requires alot of data usage as you have to connect Vs the blackberry with its push feature for emails??

I'm still in two minds....the media side of the iphone is attractive though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dannycashel

i have both the iphone and blackberry curve so can shed some light .the iphone is a great personal/entertainment phone listen to music, watch films, play games etc. but wouldn't depend on it for business the battery WILL let you down some day as it has done for me

The reality is the iphone is a great leisure phone but the blackberry curve for example is a dedicated and designed business mobile and you can tell the difference. The real qwerty keys for fast typing make a huge difference i would not even attempt an email of any lenght on the iphone. It handles email alot better too and the battery lasts for a few days of intense use. The iphone gives me power anxiety simple tasks suck the battery down to nothin

Blackberrys are mobile of choice for real business users get the iphone for the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I use a blackberry for work & have a hero as a personal phone and the blackberry id a piece of ****. It is the most awkward phone I have ever used and is very limited the hero is superior in every way, including email...

Advertisement