Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roman Pavlyuchenko OR Peter Crouch

Options
  • 18-02-2010 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hows it goin lads,,,

Ive been thinkin about this recently
    why wont harry give him pav a chance?
    every interview when they ask him about pav he always says he's top class, great goalscorer,skillful....
    is redknapp racist or something?!?!?

i really do like pav and is a proven goalscorer

stats PAV... in 28 starts he's scored 16 goals an has scored in every domestic cup game he's played in.

stats Crouch...in 23 games he's scored 10 goals. il eat my words if crouch scores 6 goals in 5 games:o

am i seeing something wrong here?
    in my opinon Pav is the much better choice! better at crouch in every aspect bar headering and its not as if crouch scores that many headers

Come on harry give pav a chance:D

opinions?

Would you prefer Pavlyuchenko or Crouch to start? 30 votes

Roman Pavlyuchenko
    0% 0 votes
    Peter Crouch
    100% 30 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Ideally neither of them :D but on balance I'd go for Crouch cos he links up well with Defoe (sometimes).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'd be on for giving Pav a proper chance. Fair enough Crouch works well with Defoe, but for it to be an effective partnership there should be 40 goals between them. As it stands, Crouch won't get anywhere near his compliment of goals and I'd rather Defoe scored a few less and had Pav on potentially scoring a few more than Crouch than having Crouch on the pitch.

Pav would make us play a little more like we did at the beginning of the season too, considering we'd (hopefully) have to stop just lumping the ball forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

id give pav a chance if he could learn to shut his mouth. its embarrasing to have someone at the club who keeps crying to the media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Leucifer

Pav all the way, have never been a fan of Crouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I think Crouch is a great option to have, but I don't like the football we play with him on the pitch. I really don't understand why Pav hasn't been given a proper chance yet. I would love to see him get a good run of games, I thought he was brilliant when he came off the bench against Leeds, that goal he scored was top class as well - If he was played regularly, I'd love to see more like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

pav,Harry should at least give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I've not voted on the poll as I don't rate either of them.

In saying that, I'd start with Pav before Crouch. I would see Crouch more as an impact player when things are not going well. Someone who we could bring with 15-20 mins left and we've exhausted all our attacking style with no reward.

I do have some sympathy for Pav's situation. He's a player who came to us on the top of his game and hasn't really had a sniff of a run in the team.

I would actually like to see what Gudjohnsen has to offer first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Pav, simple as, good touch, can shoot,can head (unlike crouch),gets in good positions. Crouch is awfull in my opinion! Thought he was a decent buy at the start of the seson but he has dissapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

I go for pav.

the longer pav doesn't play the better he'll become! We'll get our money back eventually :D;)

• Advertisement

everyone here is going for pav just because ye havent seen him playing full games. the grass is not always greener. harry sees him in training every single day and would play him if he was playing well enough, obviously he isnt. just cos your a better player technically dosent mean you are the better all round player

would you pick robinho over rooney? of course not. robinho is better technically but rooney is ten times the man that robinho is .

do ye not remember pav in the carling cup final last season, he was shocking and selfish. the man is able to play but is a complete tool, end of story

mickman wrote: »
    everyone here is going for pav just because ye havent seen him playing full games. the grass is not always greener. harry sees him in training every single day and would play him if he was playing well enough, obviously he isnt. just cos your a better player technically dosent mean you are the better all round player

would you pick robinho over rooney? of course not. robinho is better technically but rooney is ten times the man that robinho is .

do ye not remember pav in the carling cup final last season, he was shocking and selfish. the man is able to play but is a complete tool, end of story

agree 100% and here's what harry said yesterday from http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/159323/Tottenham-Harry-Redknapp-blasts-Roman-Pavlyuchenko
    Redknapp said: “I can’t really say what I feel. It’s a difficult job I’ve got so I’ll get on with it. If he wants to say stuff it’s up to him.

“The only way he proves it is by coming in every day and working hard, showing he wants to play for the club. It’s up to him. As a manager my hands are tied.

“He doesn’t speak much English so it’s difficult to speak to him about it. I’ll pick him when I think he deserves to be picked and leave him out when he deserves to be left out - that is what I get paid to do and if I make the wrong decisions I’ll take the blame.”

Pav still deserves a chance to show what he can do.

Is Crouch playing well at the moment? In my opinion no. I'll admit I never have liked Crouch and my heart sank when we bought him, but that doesn't take from the fact he hasn't been delivering of late. On the other hand you have Harry's method of hoofing the ball up to him which isn't working either.

To be honest I could put up with Pav's media comments (which hopefully would reside if he got some game time) if he played well and grabbed us a couple of goals.

Why stick with Crouch who isn't doing the business at the moment when we potentially have a man that can? If Pav fails, well then at least we'll have exhausted the option.

Whether Harry sticks with this ridiculous long ball method by just replacing Crouch with Pav is another story.

Leucifer wrote: »
    Pav still deserves a chance to show what he can do.

Is Crouch playing well at the moment? In my opinion no. I'll admit I never have liked Crouch and my heart sank when we bought him, but that doesn't take from the fact he hasn't been delivering of late. On the other hand you have Harry's method of hoofing the ball up to him which isn't working either.

To be honest I could put up with Pav's media comments (which hopefully would reside if he got some game time) if he played well and grabbed us a couple of goals.

Why stick with Crouch who isn't doing the business at the moment when we potentially have a man that can? If Pav fails, well then at least we'll have exhausted the option.

Whether Harry sticks with this ridiculous long ball method by just replacing Crouch with Pav is another story.

he dosent deserve a chance because of all the talking to the media he is doing. the man really dosent have anything going on upstairs. harry said a while back that pav came to him and said his head wasnt right and not to play him when his head wasnt right. what is a manager supposed to do with that nonsense? this so called great player seems to have the mentality of a 5 year old, he cant get a game so he sulks in the corner. he hasnt even bothered to learn the language for gods sake. he is obviously suffering from depression so in my opinion he should actually be sent to the reserves and told to cop on and grow up.

whatever you say about crouch, he gives his all and makes a great effort. he is a good player, he aint any rooney but id prefer his big toe to that cry baby russian. can you imagine what the rest of the team think of him in fairness. looking at him running to the press any chance he gets and whining about harry, saying he is jeering at him

in all fairness, get a life

and are you saying crouchs bit of play against bolton to win the penalty wasnt good football?

in all fairness, get a life

Alright Mick, first off. I came on here to voice my personal opinion and have a bit of friendly banter, supporter to supporter. So where the hell do you get off with the above? You do realize that some people might actually have a different opinion to your own? I respect your views on Crouch and Pav respectively. Is it that hard for you to show a little common courtesy when someone's opinion doesn't fall in line with yours?

In regard to your question on the penalty the other day. Yes it was a good bit of play, fair play to Crouch. But I'm talking in general over the last few games. I'm also not heaping every bit of woe onto Crouch. The long ball tactic just doesn't work and I think most teams have caught on to the fact that it will employed at some stage, so look to close Crouch down.

Are Pav's press comments right? No, there not.

But I'd still like to see what he can do, if there's any chance things can be freshened up a bit. If he makes a show of himself, well then at least any future bitching out of him will fall on deaf ears.
    "He's fit again after a groin injury," Redknapp said. "We have three games this week and there is every chance he'll start one of those games at least, he's back in the frame.

"No-one wants to see him score goals more than me. If he scored eight to 10 between now and the end of the season no-one will be happier than me."

Harry's obviously considering giving him a chance, I'd like to see him given one. Not for Pav's ego, but in the hope it might do the teams results some good.

As I said, if you don't like it, that's up to you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this.

Leucifer wrote: »
    Alright Mick, first off. I came on here to voice my personal opinion and have a bit of friendly banter, supporter to supporter. So where the hell do you get off with the above? You do realize that some people might actually have a different opinion to your own? I respect your views on Crouch and Pav respectively. Is it that hard for you to show a little common courtesy when someone's opinion doesn't fall in line with yours?

In regard to your question on the penalty the other day. Yes it was a good bit of play, fair play to Crouch. But I'm talking in general over the last few games. I'm also not heaping every bit of woe onto Crouch. The long ball tactic just doesn't work and I think most teams have caught on to the fact that it will employed at some stage, so look to close Crouch down.

Are Pav's press comments right? No, there not.

But I'd still like to see what he can do, if there's any chance things can be freshened up a bit. If he makes a show of himself, well then at least any future bitching out of him will fall on deaf ears.

Harry's obviously considering giving him a chance, I'd like to see him given one. Not for Pav's ego, but in the hope it might do the teams results some good.

As I said, if you don't like it, that's up to you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this.

hey man. i was saying that pav should get a life, not you :-)

hey man. i was saying that pav should get a life, not you :-)

Whoops :o

Sorry mate, it's just I've ran into the holier than thou types before, really piss me off :D

Hope you can see how I took it up wrong though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭larry1

Well the real answer to this Poll was given today. Crouch was his usual crap and Pav scores twice.

Glad to see Pav got his chance :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

I like to think thatharry redknapp seen this thread before putting pav on:) i honestly think that pav should be starting week in week out its only my opinion but i love the guy he's loved by the fans scores goals and plays nice football i know im hoping he starts in the F.A and against everton! COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Pav a thousand times. I was actually roaring at the TV for Harry to bring him on, Crouch was ****ing useless today and has been lately. He has his uses but no more than as a sub. Pav should be starting with Defoe and he should've when Keane was here too.

agree with above . pav was super today and crouch was not good at all

bale, bentley and pav. its like we bought 3 new players

agree with above . pav was super today and crouch was not good at all

bale, bentley and pav. its like we bought 3 new players

all thanks to Arry getting the best out of them. Great man management bit of carrott and plenty stick !

Bentley still needs to prove himself in my eyes but Bale has been fantastic.

I don't know about Harry having much to do with it either. If anything, I blame Harry for NOT getting the best out of them and having to make do due to injuries. Dos Santos is another one, I really hope he brings him into the fold before he goes elsewhere and shows just how good he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 spursanmhi

delight for pav.its because of crouch we go long ball so often because his movement is very poor.as soon as pav came on his movement caused problems for wigan.hope he gets his chance wednesday nite and TAKES IT!!!!!!!!:D

Kold wrote: »

I don't know about Harry having much to do with it either. If anything, I blame Harry for NOT getting the best out of them and having to make do due to injuries. Dos Santos is another one, I really hope he brings him into the fold before he goes elsewhere and shows just how good he is.

harry just cant do anything right in some peoples eyes. dos santos had a terrible attitude in training ,was always late and was regularly going to barcelona on piss ups at the weekends. he didnt deserve anything more

Kold wrote: »

doesn't matter if they got in cos of injuries but they were chomping st the but when they did get in. Credit is due to Arry for that!

as for Dos Santos his attitude is poor and will be out the door in the summer i'd say!

harry just cant do anything right in some peoples eyes. dos santos had a terrible attitude in training ,was always late and was regularly going to barcelona on piss ups at the weekends. he didnt deserve anything more

I don't mean to be negative but Harry hasn't been doing that much right lately. We should have all but sealed 4th in recent weeks, sure we're back challenging and that's great but I can't help but think that tactically, Harry is not a top4 manager and is surviving due to the plentiful resources we have.

Pav should have started, it's clear Crouch hasn't been able to hit the side of a barn lately. I think Pav's complaints have been somewhat justified, there are some players that have been completely overlooked in favour of the ineffective likes of Crouch and Jenas. When was the last time you saw a formation change in a game? We have been horribly easy to defend against all season since it's clear that at any opportunity we shall hoof it down the flanks and try and float it into Crouch. When Hudd or Palacios are playing poorly, the only alternative seems to have been throw Jenas in there when Modric or Kranjcar are supposed to be very capable CMs.

I'm hoping to be proven wrong but I just don't think we should be singing Harry's praises yet until he actually gets us something.

And can you really say Bentley is performing at the level he did for Blackburn? You know... before we paid 14million for him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

super, super pav

super, super pav

super, super pav

super pavlyunchenko

Advertisement