Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone recommend musicians for 60th party

Options
  • 18-02-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi
    Am in the process of organising a surprise 60th birthday party for my Mum and am looking to book a lively musician/duo for the party...
    Traditional enough stuff.... jives, waltzes etc.
    both sides of the family and friends are into their dancing
    but mainly looking to cater to my mothers age group.
    perhaps with a disco afterwards

Party not til June but got lots of planning to be done so hoping to get things ticked of the list.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

Hi
    Am in the process of organising a surprise 60th birthday party for my Mum and am looking to book a lively musician/duo for the party...
    Traditional enough stuff.... jives, waltzes etc.
    both sides of the family and friends are into their dancing
    but mainly looking to cater to my mothers age group.
    perhaps with a disco afterwards

Party not til June but got lots of planning to be done so hoping to get things ticked of the list.

Thanks in advance

Tom Petty.... & the best thing about him is that he's 60 himself this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

Maybe this is a bit too traditional but I took my father to the Western, Prospect Hill for his 75th. They have fantastic jam sessions there with accordians, fiddles etc... the craic was mighty. Worth having a look & I'm sure you could have a word with them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 spids

acdc guns n roses

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Maybe a jazz/brass band you see in pubs on Sunday mornings like The Black Magic Big Band that plays Cuba. I know someone who was in a band that played a pub on Sunday morning that did really good weddings and occasions too. They had a huge repertoire and they always had wide appeal across generations. They always got people up and dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Rage Against the Machine will be dropping by Ireland in June:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Sean Keane and Liam O Flynn.
    And a disco.

Advertisement