Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to fill out a an post POSTAL money order??

Options
  • 18-02-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

i got a money order and im confused at how to fill it out,there is 2 sections im confused 1 the bit that says .PAY. and 2 the bit that says. AT.COULD ANYONE HELP:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Are you sending the money order or have you received it?

im sending the the money order

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭com1

Its years since I saw a Postal Order so I could be wrong but...

Pay is the name of the person or company to whom you are making the payment

At can be filled in if you want them to cash the order at a particular place (as in a named Post office)

As far as I can remember you can also cross them (two parallel lines accross the order with the word &co between them - /&co/ ) to make them only payable at a bank (must be lodged into a bank account)

Of course it may all be different now, just ask at the Post Office...

cheers thanks.can it be cashed in any post office as i dont know what to put into the at section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Better off bringing to your local post office and ask them, just to make sure. AFAIR, its PAY to the person and AT is the named Post office that it is to be cashed at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭scut

Hi
    Im just filling in a postal order for the first time, I just took it with me without asking for assistance. (foolish I know) I have the main part done PAY and AT.

On the other side it says signature of payee, from what I remember from school they are the payee because they will receive the money so does that mean I don't sign my name anywhere on it?? I'm confused:(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Correct, you don't sign it.

Advertisement