Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clinique products

• 18-02-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

I have been using the clinique three step products for the passed year soap, toner and moisturiser. just wondering if anyone else uses it. before i started using it i had excellent skin no spots etc clear skin but now my skin as gone the opposite direction there a lot of spots under the skin of my forehead and between my eyebrows. they are not coming to the surface. anyone else had any similar affects with these products. just started using them cause heard good feedback from them. started to see some fine lines and wrinkles appearing to so kind of freaking out. any other products that other people use or recommend
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I started using the 3step programme a couple of years ago and my skin has improved an awful lot. I presume that a tester went through your skin type with you and everything?
    I have noticed though that my skin(not just my face) is changing with age-im 30 now. I do know people who had brilliant skin as a teenager and things and but started getting blemishes and spots as they got older.
    If you think it is the Clinique, Clarins is also meant to be very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

i thought it was rubbish actually i dont think it did any good at all. i think my skin got worse when i started taking my makeup off and moisturising everyday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

My skin got so much worse when I started using it. I have combination skin and the toner felt like paint stripper on my skin and the moisturiser was so oily. I wont touch Clinique products anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Clinique didn't suit my skin at all either - had a major breakout when I tried it - but my skin can be very sensitive.
    In my experience finding products to suit your skin can be pot luck, and when I find something that suits me I stick with it.

If you are changing products, tell the sales assistant that you have had bad experiences and breakouts in the past, and you want a sample before buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Clinque cleanser works great for me, as does all their cleaning type products...their moisturiser on the other hand makes my skin freak out. Totally opposite reactions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

I use a Clinique liquid cleanser, but I don't use toner and I use an Aveeno non-comegenic moisturizer for sensitive skin. I've noticed that my skin responds differently to the same product depending on the season; when it gets really dry in the wintertime, I switch to Cetaphil. But in general, if you are using products that strip away too much oil, your pores will try to overcompensate, leading to breakouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The strongest clarifying lotion, number 4 can take false tan off your hands. I personally wouldn't use any of Clinique's skincare.

You skin may have become bad due to lots of reasons - hormones, stress, dietary change. Have a look at that as well as maybe changing skin care.

I use Origins and absolutely love it! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Zxc01

roxychix
    I have been using Clinque products for years, I have sensitive skin. I would reckon that using all three is too much for your skin. Maybe call into a clinque counter and they may recommend something. I personally use, a face wipe to take off my makeup, whatever brand suits you,I use simple, because they suit my skin. Other people would be horrified to see me using Simple face wipes but are no perfumed and they work!. I use quickview.png
    clq_6G0R_158.jpgLiquid Facial Soap
    in the shower on my face with a little sponge so that would be once a day.
    In the morning and night I use
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JMCFAD%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JMCFAD%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG] clq_6121_158.jpgClarifying Lotion 2Now I did try a sample of
    clq_6126_158.jpgClarifying Lotion 3 But it was super harsh on my skin.And I use this moisturiser
    clq_6EM6_158.jpgDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel with PumpThe products work for me, they work ok with my skin, they are not perfumed.

But I do know that they may not be for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Zozu

Can anybody tell me how much the clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion is???
    thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Zozu wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me how much the clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion is???
    thanks x

I didnt find it that great, I like some of their other ones but they are very expensive, the lotion is not really as nice as oil of Ulay or something like that, but everyones skin is different.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I use the Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel and find it really great. The face soap is also quite good. That said my skin in pretty tough and I've never had a bad reaction to any product.

Origins, like Larianne said, is fantastic. I got a sample of some mushroom moisturiser and it was DIVINE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Zxc01

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing

€42 for pump 125mls
    or
    £27 in the north

I see strawberry.net sell it for €31.00

Advertisement