Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wigan match

Options
  • 18-02-2010 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

This Sunday on sky
    just saw the pitch from last nights match it's terrible so I doubt well see flowing football we really need to win this 2-1 to the spurs I reckon team will be
    gomes
    corluka daws bassong bale
    bently hudd palacios kranjcar
    Defoe crouch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

he will play king instead of bassong and modric instead of kranjcar

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

That's right I forgot that it's been a week since we last played put kranjcar in cause modric looked tired a bit at the end of the last game but I'd stick him in now

id play niko cos he is always good for a goal and can actually kick the ball with a bit of power in it. luca isnt playing well enough in my opinion to start at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I've thought that Hudd hasn't been great at all lately, I would love to see how we'd do with Modric and Kranjcar on each wing and Bentley in the middle would go, but unfortunitely Harry won't change his tactics unless there is injury to worry about. I can't be too optimistic about this result, as we should've won the last few and they've ended in dissapointment!

i think we are in serious trouble with this game. lennon is out and the pitch up there is in an awful state. they will kick us around the park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

We should be going here and bossing the game from the off. We have better players in midfield so we should controlling the tempo of the game.

In saying that, do we have the balls to do so. On this occasion, I have a feeling we will, and I reckon we will win 2 nil, one of them being a header from a set piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

If we go and play the whole match with the same attitude as our second half against Bolton last week then we should come away comfortably with three points.

Only problem is we can't seem to put two good halves together in one game these days.

I expect Wigan to set out their stall to stop us from scoring early on but the later it gets they'll open up and have a go. They need the points more than us. If we're cute then we could nick it late on.

Difficult one to call but for a change I'll go on the optimistic side and call a 2-1 to the Spurs.

News reports today that Lennon is going to undergo a late fitness test on Sunday and could start altough it's more likely he'd start on the bench

yeah i saw that too. not sure about it though. there are lots of rumours that harry is trying to force lennon back quick. lennon is very pissed off with it apparently. not good

Ya I heard that too really can't afford to be pissing him off and i'd prefer not to have him this week if it just breaks him again I don't mind waiting another couple of weeks. That said I really hope thats just the media i'd say he wants to come back to tho with the world cup and the next England International match is up soon so he'd want to be fit for that i'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

I'm thinking 1-9.;) Nah, I reckon a narrow home win or maybe a low scoring draw.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Wigan: Kirkland,
    Melchiot, Caldwell, Scharner, Figueroa,
    McCarthy, Thomas, Diame, N'Zogbia,
    Rodallega, Moreno.
    Subs: Stojkovic, Scotland, Moses, Gomez, Sinclair, Boyce, Watson

Tottenham:
    Gomes,
    Corluka, Dawson, King, Bale
    Bentley, Huddlestone, Palacios, Kranjcar
    Crouch, Defoe
    Subs: Kaboul, Pavlyuchenko, Modric, Gudjohnsen, Bassong, Alnwick, Rose.

1-0 Defoe it was offside tho

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭larry1

Super Pav! CL place back in sight:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Leucifer

Delighted with the win. We have 4th back, for now.

I'm glad to see Pav get a couple, knew he had it in him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Am I right in saying Spurs have broken a premiership record for biggest aggregate score?

Delighted for Pav, pull your head out of your arse Harry and start him. Also, call Gio back.

great win in fairness. they all played well and worked very hard on a terrible pitch.niko did well but when modric and pav came on we started to tear them apart. it was great to see all the players go to pav after the game and congratulate him, he has their support
    he needs to go on now though and keep scoring and stop talking to the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Despite the state of the pitch I thought Spurs played some nice football,good team performance esp Basssong,Hudd and Bale.Delighted for Pav, great to see him with a smile on his face again,thought Crouchie wasn't that good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Was pleased to see a determined performance against, what is, a poor Wigan team and the worst football pitch in the premiership. We were very lucky to get the nod on the first goal, which was at least two yards offside, then again it's about time we got some luck.

Poor show from Crouch today. Thought Harry should have subbed him at HT. Bale seemed to be out muscled on a few occasions when trying to shield the ball out but still looked dangerous going forward, otherwise on average an acceptable performance all round.

I heard the pitch was bad before the game but I still can't get over how really bad it was after watching the match. Surely the Premier League must have some kind of standards when it comes to such matters, and if they don't, they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

great result and good performance. Time to give Crouch a rest and give Pav a go. Didn't see any of it so looking forward to seeing the highlights.

12-1. Hope Wigan stay up. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Delighted with the result. Keeps us right in the hunt.

2 massive games at the lane wed and sun.

Delighted great result and good job pav that's how you get in the team

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Comments across a couple of threads about how we played well...really?

I was at the game and saw a decent defensive performance (helped by a dismal Wigan team) but our midfield was poor and the movement up top was negligible. Crouch had an awful game, I couldn't believe he subbed Defoe instead of him.

Two late goals shouldn't disguise a less than stellar day at the office, though credit to Redknapp for making the changes that tilted the game back in our favour.

Comments across a couple of threads about how we played well...really?

I was at the game and saw a decent defensive performance (helped by a dismal Wigan team) but our midfield was poor and the movement up top was negligible. Crouch had an awful game, I couldn't believe he subbed Defoe instead of him.r.
    I figure he subbed Defoe so he wouldn't get sent off

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

I figure he subbed Defoe so he wouldn't get sent off

agree with this. I think defoe was one late tackle away from getting a second yellow.

It was a professional away performance today nothing more. We got a bit of luck with the defoe goal and I think this made the diff. if it was still 0-0 with 10 mins to go would we have still scored the 2 we did - I think not. anyway good win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Kold wrote: »
    Am I right in saying Spurs have broken a premiership record for biggest aggregate score?

Delighted for Pav, pull your head out of your arse Harry and start him. Also, call Gio back.

No equalled it ok.

Newcastle beat Forest
    on a 12-1 aggerate a few years back too.

Advertisement