Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical queery

• 18-02-2010 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Was wondering if anyone can help here. looking to get a footswitch and a sampler for djing off 1 deck and a mixer but dont want to use software or owt digital, any recommendations? Would i need a sequencer etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

dont want to use software or owt digital

Er... All samplers are digital...

What about an Akai Sxxxx rack sampler, a sequencer and something like a Behringer FCB1010 MIDI foot controller? The Akai samplers can be had for <€100 on adverts, not sure about the others.

But since all samplers are digital, would that break down your inhibitions regarding software? I just got Ableton Yesterday, and it's incredible. Defo worth trying the demo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

When you say you don't want to go digital, I take it you mean a computer (as in PC/Mac)? What sort of sampling do you want to do? If it's on the fly, a Korg Kaoss Pad might do it, especially the KP3. The previous model, the KP2, will let you loop stuff (and it has a handy auto-BPM detect feature) but when you record samples you're limited to two banks, and nothing is stored after you power the unit off. I think the KP3 has more banks, and the samples are saved in memory.
    Was wondering if anyone can help here. looking to get a footswitch and a sampler for djing off 1 deck and a mixer but dont want to use software or owt digital, any recommendations? Would i need a sequencer etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 calvin clean

Cheers biys. Looping on the fly i guess, can a k3 have a pedal in her and can you stretch the looplength if your a bit off

Advertisement