Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price to replace flusher

• 18-02-2010 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi what price am i looking at to get the actual flushing mechanism on a toilet replaced by someone.

The ballcock etc is fine its just the spring is gone on the actual flusher and is knackered at this stage.

Am sure the part itself is cheap enough but all in what am i looking at?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

seanie500 wrote: »
    Hi what price am i looking at to get the actual flushing mechanism on a toilet replaced by someone.

The ballcock etc is fine its just the spring is gone on the actual flusher and is knackered at this stage.

Am sure the part itself is cheap enough but all in what am i looking at?

thanks!

I did two of them last week cost me just over €10 per toilet and about 2hrs work. Pretty straight forward. btw its called a syphon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

irishguy wrote: »
    I did two of them last week cost me just over €10 per toilet and about 2hrs work. Pretty straight forward. btw its called a syphon.

ok so youre sayin part is 10 quid and it takes an hour so how much is that?

would have thought it only took about 10 mins though what would i know!:D

actually just looking on web now and i dont think it is the syphon it is the toilet flusher button (button is on top of the cistern in the middle)

when i take off top it the flusher pice connects to a plastic wire which in turn connects to teh siphon but its not the siphon just the toilet button

does thsi make sesne?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

actually just looking on web now and i dont think it is the syphon it is the toilet flusher button (button is on top of the cistern in the middle)

when i take off top it the flusher pice connects to a plastic wire which in turn connects to teh siphon but its not the siphon just the toilet button

does thsi make sesne?

Seanie. a plumber will charge you around 80 euro and the cost of the fittings. However if its only the button and you can take a photo I can trell you a. How to fix the button or b. where to get a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

does thsi make sesne?

Sorry the hour was for me to do it (i am not a plumber) a plumber should do it in less.

Seanie. a plumber will charge you around 80 euro and the cost of the fittings. However if its only the button and you can take a photo I can trell you a. How to fix the button or b. where to get a new one.

IMG_2964.JPG

Ok sorry havent gotten round to this in ages anyway photo of the damaged flusher button is attached.

any advise?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

If it's not moving the mechanism the cable could be broken inside the plastic sleeve.

Yip.... Have a fair idea the type of button will PM you a supplier in Dublin. However I would rec you get the complete set of fittings as there is suttle differences someties.

Yip.... Have a fair idea the type of button will PM you a supplier in Dublin. However I would rec you get the complete set of fittings as there is suttle differences someties.

Did this last nite pretty straight forward actually. cheers for the advise joey the lips saved a few quid doing it myself ;)

Did this last nite pretty straight forward actually. cheers for the advise joey the lips saved a few quid doing it myself ;)

Cool. Well done... Did you get the button where I advised you or somewhere else.

Just curious how much they charged.

no didnt have time on fri so just picked it up in DPL (Kilmainham on sat)

It cost EUR 12.50

happy days

• Advertisement

no didnt have time on fri so just picked it up in DPL (Kilmainham on sat)

It cost EUR 12.50

happy days

Well done. I did not realise they did them, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 twilo

Hi Seanie,
    I have the exact same issue in where the housing has cracked around the button and it looks exactly like the one in your pic. Do you have an exact name or part number for that because i cant get it anywhere here in cork.

twilo wrote: »
    Hi Seanie,
    I have the exact same issue in where the housing has cracked around the button and it looks exactly like the one in your pic. Do you have an exact name or part number for that because i cant get it anywhere here in cork.

Its known as a clitch cable flush button. Its available in a couple of places. The op bought his in DPL.

http://www.wirquin.com/pro-gb-produits.html

If you click on page 2 of the WC catalogue on the left it describes the button and you can print off a picture for the providers. If you still have trouble getting it, Phone excel industries in cooline dublin Tel:018207900 and ask them to post one to you.

Thanks
    Joe

Advertisement