Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgraduate Scholorship Funding / Bursaries for UK based programmes

Options
  • 18-02-2010 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

Long time reader and first time poster here was hoping for some insightful opinions.

Are there any bodies in Ireland that offer Scholarship Funding/Bursaries to students who are intent on studying for a Masters in the UK?

I'm thinking along the lines of the British Council/ British Embassy here in Dublin. Would anybody have any views or opinions or avenues I could tackle to see if I am eligible for funding.

I know there is course specific Scholarships available on most courses but I was wondering whether there was any Irish bodies offering funding to students embarking on studying abroad.

I'm sure there have been a few people in the same situation and I'm curious to find out whether they have been successful in obtaining funding for UK based masters courses as Masters in the UK and living expenses are considerably more expensive than Ireland.

The Masters in question is Finance related and I'm based in Ireland at the moment and so I would appreciate any advice from people.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

None that I'm aware of beyond those offered by individual universities, but my subject area isn't Finance so there may be some options aimed uniquely at Finance postgrads.

If you would consider NI rather than somewhere else in the UK, the Irish VEC grants system extends to there at postgrad level.

Advertisement