If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote, please, for my wish list

Options
  • 18-02-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi

This is my first post here; feel at home surrounded by my fellow techie geeks.

I recently bought a Phillips 42PFL8404H and it has been like opening Pandora’s Box in that now I need a blu-ray and proper surround sound. So, after a bit of investigating, the items on my wish list are as follows...

LG BD390 blu-ray player
    Q Acoustics 2000 Series speakers
    Denon AVR-1910
    Logitech Harmony One remote control

I know the BD390 is out of stock at the moment but I can wait.
    I'll admit my ears are easily pleased so can be persuaded to look at a different set of speakers in a similar price range.
    The Denon 1910 seems to be the best in that range.
    The remote is really an afterthought but the more I think about it seems obvious enough to pay that bit extra for something I will have in my hand every day or so for the next decade!!!

Cheers in advance
    Dar

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi darken9.

Thanks for the post.

Have a look at the following pricing.

Denon AVR1910 priced at £399.95 / 469.99 Euro (In stock)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/denon/avr1910/deno-avr1910-blk

Q Acoustics 2000 5.1 pack priced at £499.95 / 589.99 Euro Graphite Finish (In stock)
    http://www.qacoustics.co.uk/2000/2000-cinema.htm

Q Acoustics 2000 5.1 pack priced at £549.96 / 649.99 Euro Gloss Black Finish. (In stock)

You could also have a look at the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 Pack retials for around £599.95 / 699.99 Euro but we have it on a special for only £399.95 / 469.99 Euro A lot of kit for very little money. (Pending Stock on Black Finish).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=954&Results=true&keys=vector

Logitech Harmony One remote priced at £119.95 / 139.99 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/remotes-wifi/logitech/harmony-one/logi-harmony-one

Do you require speaker cables also?

I hope this helps.

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 darken9

Thanks for the reply
    The denon quote seems to be the best around. That and the speakers will have to wait till next month though.
    I picked up the controll last night <snip>

Later
    Dar

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

I've snipped your post above to remove the reference to the retailer in question. Please read the Stickey at the top of the forum entitled "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING", particularly the bit about references to other retailers - this is allowed when you are looking for a price match (ie X-Store has Item for €50, can you match/beat that price ?), but if you've already purchased something elsewhere (as in the text of your post above) then the Bargain Alerts forum is the place to tell people about it.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

darken9 wrote: »
    Hi

This is my first post here; feel at home surrounded by my fellow techie geeks.

I recently bought a Phillips 42PFL8404H and it has been like opening Pandora’s Box in that now I need a blu-ray and proper surround sound. So, after a bit of investigating, the items on my wish list are as follows...

LG BD390 blu-ray player
    Q Acoustics 2000 Series speakers
    Denon AVR-1910
    Logitech Harmony One remote control

I know the BD390 is out of stock at the moment but I can wait.
    I'll admit my ears are easily pleased so can be persuaded to look at a different set of speakers in a similar price range.
    The Denon 1910 seems to be the best in that range.
    The remote is really an afterthought but the more I think about it seems obvious enough to pay that bit extra for something I will have in my hand every day or so for the next decade!!!

Cheers in advance
    Dar

Dar,

apologies for the delay getting back ti you and thanks Ritzy.

Ok ( I guess you already have the harmony tho' I missed the snippy)

For teh 1910 / BD390 (if we ever seen the damn things again) and the Q Acoustics 2000 5.1 pack - I can do these at just £1119.99 and bar the BD390 they are all available from stock and looking for new homes..

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 30 darken9

Doh!
    Can't believe I got snipped in only my second post, amateur.

I managed to find the blu-ray elsewhere but am still dreaming of that denon 1910 and Q speakers.

Would these be delivered to my home (Dublin) or can they be picked up in the phillips shop?

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Doh!

Don't worry about it :), we're all good here.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

darken9 wrote: »
    Doh!

I managed to find the blu-ray elsewhere but am still dreaming of that denon 1910 and Q speakers.

Would these be delivered to my home (Dublin) or can they be picked up in the phillips shop?

Thanks again

Thanks Ritzy (your posting hours are almost as late as mine..) & Darken,

For god's sake Darken - give us a chance to sell you something :p

Yep no problem on the 1910 and the Q Acoustics 2000 5.1 system we can have them delivered either to The Philips Shop or to your home address no problem - if you would like to get them sorted just drop me a line and we will do our best to oblige.

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.