Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks on the Quay

• 18-02-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

My god the roadworks must be some of the longest I’ve ever seen for what their doing, all I’ve seen done is a new paved path outside the bridge hotel and i think they stated well before Christmas. If I get caught in traffic there again in the middle of the day I'll lose it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Yeah the roadworks there started back in November from what I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

hpe there not getting paid by the day it will cost a fortune!! traffic is crazy got stuck in it a few morning , for the love of god get it done boyz fast!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,682 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its a plot to make people want to use the new bridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I've been thinking it is odd too. Going since November, apart from a period at Christmas when I assume they were on holidays. They did seem to be doing some pipe work, as well as the paving, but I still don't understand how it takes this long. I would have thought works which reduce a main artery by half would want to be completed as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Could be doing the water pipes as well maybe although still wouldnt explain nearly four months work. Yea you would have to admit its done the new bridge a hugh favour!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭jonnycwh

if you're goin to dublin do you have to go through the toll booth on the new bridge or can you get onto it after that? Where does it join onto the dublin road?? i'm still using the old road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

The tolls are on the south side of the river, so if you leave Waterford over the old bridge, use the N25 as far as the Quarry Roundabout (past the 'bridge roundabout') then enter the M9 (when it opens March 22 or use the old Dublin Road), no toll.

However, if you're coming from the south side of Waterford, using the new bridge on the N25 might save you 15-30 mins depending on city traffic.

You wouldn't pay €1.90 for that? I would, and do, twice a day.

Andy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Based on my experience I'd say this is pretty standard for a county council job (unfortunately)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

There's gold in them there quays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

passed the works this morning only seen two guys working there one at each end . surely its in everyones interested to get this footpath finished, get the finger out FFS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

rayc wrote: »
    Based on my experience I'd say this is pretty standard for a county council job (unfortunately)!

But it doesn't seem to be the council doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I was coming up there this afternoon about 2 oclock and it was bloody well mental. Both lanes were bumper to bumper.An ambulance with the sirens on aswell came up the quay.Had to switch lanes about 3 or 4 times(not for the ambulance).They need to close off the quay completely to be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

And after all this they seem to have made the bloody 'loading' bay outside the bridge bigger instead of getting rid of it. Move it to Bridge st. for heaven's sake!!!

Advertisement