Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

velvet night club age limit

Options
  • 18-02-2010 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭

Hey me and a few others are thinking of going to Velvet in Swords some time and we were just wondering about the age limit. It says on the website that it's an over 23s club but I was confident I've heard of people under 23 who have been there. Most of us are 19/20...

We'll be going on a Friday if that makes any difference

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

They have a student night on Wednesdays so that may be what you've heard about it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

pinkypinky wrote: »
    They have a student night on Wednesdays so that may be what you've heard about it.

So they're definitely over 23s all other nights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It's not over 23s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

SantryRed wrote: »
    It's not over 23s.

Cool :) So just normal over 18s then?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mark200 wrote: »
    Cool :) So just normal over 18s then?

You could be 23 and they might still turn you away, just depends if they like the look of you. Just dont all go up in one big group.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

They'll let anyone in these days once your over 18 and able to stand up!!Wright venue might be a bit tougher tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

I'm 18, been id'd every time I go to Velvet and always get in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

23's ha ha ha ha ha some nights in there you'd swear once you're over 16 you'd get in!!

And im not just on about the student night eighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

i was in velvet on a saturday night, may have been 20 people older than 23 in the building, including the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

there is no such thing as over 23's only. it just depends if Chuck Norris likes the look a you or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement