Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shoeboots

• 18-02-2010 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Any advice how to style them right please. I have a dress I got in ware house but they need black tights (well I do ) anyhoo was thinking of getting a pair of shoe boots to make my outfit cool. Like can you wear tights or will it look stupid or do you wear leggings and go bare foot ??? I saw nice ones in dunnes today .

Sorry I am so uncool ha ha

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

I always wear my shoe boots with thick black tights and a dress, cos I always wear them with a dress and they are a concealed platform as well leggings would just look completely stupid with mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tixylix

i have a pair of these & have been wearing them with jeans like regular boots because im clueless as to how to wear them.

they gape at the ankles & i look like im wearing my mammy's shoes lol

really not sure how to pull them off & its such a waste because i love em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

I wear mine with thick black tights and dresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

Nooo! Shoeboots are great, I've two pairs; a flat dirty creme cowboyish pair from all saints which I'd never wear with jeans as I'd feel way too plump :rolleyes:, a chocolate brown heeled pair from zara which are great with everything.

They're great with dresses, just a pair of black tights and you're sorted. This country is way too cold for bare legs!

If you're still not convinced you can check out www.Lookbook.nu it's a genius sight where folk post pics of themselves all fashioned up, some are crazy but it's great for ideas.

x Chupi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tixylix

i'll check out that site thanks, i've actually been googling pic's of people wearing em to see if i could get some ideas!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 onahealthkick

Thanks everyone off to check taht site out now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I think they're fairly hard to pull off if you're not tall, or don't have long legs to be more specific. I have a lovely pair but only can wear them with black tights and a really short dress. Any other combination and my legs look non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Well I haven't exactly got the skinniest legs so I would wear mine with black tights. With your legs the same colour as the boots, the straight line where they cut off won't make your legs look so chunky.

Sometimes I see girls wearing them with bare legs, even those with teeny legs. It's just the point where they cut off, straight above your ankles. It can make legs look chunky.

So I would recommend wearing them with tights.

And if you sais you're so cool in relation to shopping in Dunnes, don't be ashamed! Dunnes have great stuff. The Savida range is absolutely unbelieveable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

Agreed Chocgirl!

Totally depends on your figure, I'm not fat :o but I'm 5'6 so I feel too small to comfortably pull off flat shoeboots and jeans say, I feel daft. Like I said though I love my heeled ones with jeans.

Advertisement