Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mp3s playing in wrong order

• 18-02-2010 7:46pm

I have a crappy Goodmans Micro system with a USB port. I'm trying to play an album of 11 mp3s. The problem is it plays song number 10 second and song number 11 third. It then goes back and plays songs 4-9 in the correct order.

I have the album on cd but there's a problem with the cd player on it so I'm stuffed there too. I can't figure out why it's playing the mp3s in the order it does. I've tried renaming the files and tried editing the ID3 tags in Winamp.

I'm hoping someone might have some experience of this and knows what make the system decide what to play in what order. Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I have a crappy Goodmans Micro system with a USB port. I'm trying to play an album of 11 mp3s. The problem is it plays song number 10 second and song number 11 third. It then goes back and plays songs 4-9 in the correct order.

I have the album on cd but there's a problem with the cd player on it so I'm stuffed there too. I can't figure out why it's playing the mp3s in the order it does. I've tried renaming the files and tried editing the ID3 tags in Winamp.

I'm hoping someone might have some experience of this and knows what make the system decide what to play in what order. Thanks :)

Maybe it can't read MP3 tags. Is it playing them in alphabetical filename order by any chance?

Best bet if that is the case is renaming the tracks to 01-XXX.mp3 etc.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Maybe it can't read MP3 tags. Is it playing them in alphabetical filename order by any chance?

Best bet if that is the case is renaming the tracks to 01-XXX.mp3 etc.
    I actually have them like that mate. I've basically tried everything. I think the player is just nuts. :confused:

Advertisement