Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It is for your own good

Options
  • 18-02-2010 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

In Florida they are starting to do random searches of people in bus stations. This is to protect people from terrorism. Since I'm a cooky nut this sounds really excessive to me.
    http://snardfarker.ning.com/video/video/show?id=2649739%3AVideo%3A151169

I also think the fourth amendment in the Constitution says:
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Who cares about America turning into the DDR? After all it is to protect the people from terrorism...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

Cops want to be able to search stuff on people's phones without a warrant.
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10455611-38.html

Again, it is for you own good. Anyone who says stuff about it being unconstitutional is just a domestic terrorist/criminal right?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And I was just about to ask myself if you were banned yet.

Define 'Unreasonable' and emphasize "Want to be able"

edit: despite the clearly biased blog its embedded on, the OP's linked video shows its very much like the Security searches at airports. Im sorry, what exactly is the problem with this? Have you boarded an Amtrak in the last 10 years and ever felt weird about not going through *any* form of security check? Far too easy for a suicide vest. That goes for the LUAS too, or the London Bus Bombings in 2006.

Ask yourself is it really worth all the intrusion of privacy to "protect us from terrorism"?

People are more likely to die from their prescription drugs than terrorism. This is easy to verify. So where is the war on prescription drugs...?
    http://www.naturalnews.com/009278.html

Time to get back to the issue, the likelihood of dying from terrorists acts are so small that all these searches and nude scans at airports are going over the top.

Well, nobody forces you to fly. Nobody especially forces you to ride Greyhound (eww) so who the **** cares? Get a car.

Honestly.

We have an agency that tackles prescription drugs. its called the FDA. I guess if it helps, you can think of it as the TSA of prescription drugs. I really dont care if you dont though.

Next you'll get upset because of Credit Card Companies asking for your mailing address - how ****ing dare they, like?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

Overheal wrote: »
    Well, nobody forces you to fly. Nobody especially forces you to ride Greyhound (eww)

double eww!

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Well, nobody forces you to fly. Nobody especially forces you to ride Greyhound (eww) so who the **** cares? Get a car.

Honestly.

We have an agency that tackles prescription drugs. its called the FDA. I guess if it helps, you can think of it as the TSA of prescription drugs. I really dont care if you dont though.

Next you'll get upset because of Credit Card Companies asking for your mailing address - how ****ing dare they, like?!
    I don't have a credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

Just like letting your kids go through the new airport scanners and get perved by TSA goons is "for their own good"

Just like letting your kids go through the new airport scanners and get perved by TSA goons is "for their own good"
    I believe we've been over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

They've been doing that for years. Got searched in 2003 getting on a Greyhound. Took a bottle of whiskey off me even though it was going into the luggage compartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

That's quite enough of this monomania. SLUSK can have three days off for persistently posting this kind of obsessive thread - I strongly recommend spending some of that time setting up a blog.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement