Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card Company

Options
  • 18-02-2010 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I lost my job late last year and my credit card account payments became two months behind, I spoke to the company and agreed to pay back €50 per week and close the account, I had been paying the €50 in cash everyweek since then in the branch and yesterday I recieved a very snotty phone call saying that I had not being paying any money into the account, When I explained that I had and not only did I have the recipts but also a statement with the payments on it, I was basicly called a liar and was told "If that was true we wouldn't be having this conversation!". I went to my local branch and the sorted it out. This makes me think what other mistakes are the banks making??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Did you find out where the confusion was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 FiennesJ

No, The guy just said "well it wasn't on my system"! not even a sorry

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd be sending in a letter of complaint into the bank's customer care department detailing what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Absolutely agree with Toots. Normally the customer service departments take this kind of thing very seriously. People in Ireland generally don't complain enough when they receive bad service. I do believe that was bad service and downright rude in your case. Write a letter or an email about it for the CS Dept.

Thank you so much for your replys,
    Yeah I've just been sitting here fuming about the whole thing and your right, We don't complain enough. I have the guys name who I was dealing with. I hope that the calls are recorded so that should help. It just makes me think who else are they doing this to, and what if I had no proof that it was paid in. I was just lucky that I had the payment slips and the credit card statement to prove I was right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Christine45

FiennesJ wrote: »
    I was basicly called a liar

The same thing happened me a few weeks ago were the bank said that one of their employees had called me and it was noted on computer. I can honestly sit here and say nobody called me and I was albeit called a liar too. Take no offense OP this seems to be the way things are now:rolleyes:

Thank you all for your replys. I phoned the company today and made a complaint, I also asked for a copy for the recording of the two telephone conversations that I had with the person in question so that I would have proof that this happened and also I want a letter to say that I was their mistake, so that if it happens again and I get called a liar again ill have the proof. They are looking into the matter at the moment and said they will call me either today or early next week to tell me the outcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Make sure they have not logged any missed payment with the ICB.

Advertisement