Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dress dilemma

• 18-02-2010 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a dress a few weeks ago-- well you can wear it as a long top or a short dress.

Now, the problem-- its a little too short ha
    I don't wanna wear jeans or tights with it.
    I was thinking leggings but my tan is done already on my legs..

Anybody any wacky suggestions? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Weird as it sounds, bicycle shorts are coming in for this season. Pick up a black pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

oh really?
    Cycling shorts are extremely tight ha
    Might make the thighs look bigger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

What about a denim mini underneath?

na tried it..
    see I dont want whatevers underneath to be seen as it takes away from the top..
    Its really annoying me, I may have to go with another outfit... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Im not sure what other options you have to be honest. What about really short shorts ..wouldnt be seen under the top/dress but would save any embarrassing modesty issues :D

can you post a pic of the dress so we'd have more of an idea?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is the only issue with leggings that you've done your tan? Because i'd say get over that and wear leggings anyway. Otherwise, short shorts might do. Can you post a picture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Kind of hard to say without an idea of what the dress is like. I have a short dress/long top thingy too that I recently wore as a dress but put a black slip under it! Well, not an M&S granny slip now, but one of those little skimpy numbers from Ann Summers ;)

It just was like an extra layer that showed black under a silk dress and added a few extra inches to the length.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I have a plain black body con skirt that I use in these kinds of situations, just to add an inch or two in length. But as everyone has said, it's hard to suggest without an idea of colours and style of the dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

For any of my dresses that are short but darkish in colour I have a pair of fitted black denim hot pants.

1- They don't bulge out under the dress distorting how it hangs
    2- when I bend down my butt isn't on display
    3- when I sit down the dress comes up just to the same line as the hot-pants but not enough to show that I actually have them on.

They're great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭wattsusieq

Like everyones already said ,you could wear:
    • Bycycle shorts which are fashionable at the moment.
    • Hotpants underneath
    • Another skirt slightly longer than the dress
    • or just wear leggings!!! Or Jeggings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

How about adding some detail to the bottom of the dress?

For example, a ribbon or lace ribbon stitched around the bottom would add an extra inch or two.

It all depends on the dress... Very hard to say without seeing it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

What about lace leggings? I think theyre godawful but a lot of people like them. That way your tan would show through. Or try the slitted leggings?

lindsay-lohan1.jpg

I got a little Black Jersey Mini to go under it today-- going for an all in 1 look, hopefully will pay off.. :D

Advertisement