Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do?

• 18-02-2010 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Lets just say: my company was not exactly nice to me for the last couple of month. Because of that, and because I really, Really need this job, I got depressed and anxious. My GP put me on Lexopro, but it didn't start working just yet. I really need to get back to work A.S.A.P. , prefereable coming Monday. I'm almost phobic about going back to work. I ask my GP to give me some medication to help me overcome this phobia. He's not too keen to put on tranquilasors full time, because they highly addictive.
    Here is my question:
    is it good idea for me to take first Xanax before going to work on Monday, or should I try doing so in advance? It's kind of scarry for me taking such a serious medication, but on the other hand, it's killing me thinking that because I will not take extra Xanax, I might have nervous breakdown at my workplace in front of everyone.
    Thanks very much for everyone who have anything to say!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Hi M777,

You really should speak again with your doctor about this.

Your doctor is best placed to advise you as to when and how to take the medicine they have prescribe to you.
    You should also describe to them (as you have done here) your concerns regarding taking the drugs they have prescribed.

There may be other avenues of relief you could explore with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Please read the charter, we can't give medical advice here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement